ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we both need to be working for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wee

Do we both need to be working for ILR?

Post by Wee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:10 pm

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if both me and my husband need to be working in order for my husband to get ILR on the spouse visa? Or can my hubby just work, i am thinking of going back to college so may give up work.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

The main applicant must be economically active, if he/she is also applying for ILR at the same time. No such requirement for the spouse / dependent.

regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Do we both need to be working for ILR?

Post by f2k » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Wee wrote:I was wondering if anyone can tell me if both me and my husband need to be working in order for my husband to get ILR on the spouse visa? Or can my hubby just work, i am thinking of going back to college so may give up work.
Just to be clear, are you a British citizen?

Wee

Post by Wee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Yes I am British, so if i am a student and my husband is working this will not affect his application for ILR? If at least one of us working can he still get ILR?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Others will correct me if I am wrong, in my opinion i think as long as you can show that you can accommodate and maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds you should be ok. you have to meet all the other rules of course like living together, still married, passing the life in UK test (your spouse) etc.

See section 287

Wee

Can studying on a spouse visa affect ILR?

Post by Wee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:42 am

My husband is wanting to go back to university, will being a full time student on a spouse visa affect ILR? He will probably have a part time job as well.