ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa with dependents and KOL

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jc8284
Newly Registered

spouse visa with dependents and KOL

Post by jc8284 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi,
I need some *more* clarification on this whole process, it's driving me insane!

1.) I cannot find the fees for adding dependents to a spouse visa on the Border Agency website (as we have 3 children) and after searching my butt off, I still don't know how much I have to have had sitting in the bank for the mandatory 3 months...I'm probably just looking in all the wrong places and following the FAQ links the website keeps replying to me with. I've read on some of these posts that the Tier 2 applicants need 533 pounds per dependent and for the sponsor and 800 pounds for the applicant that is to remain untouched but is that the same for a family visa applicant?

2.) Also, I've been married to my UK citizen for 6+ years.....sooooo, does that mean I can/should skip a step in the process? If so, what should I be applying for exactly?

3.) And I still don't understand where or when I have to take this KOL test since I'm applying from Canada as a US citizen and I don't actually have the funds to travel back to the UK with 3 kids and back to Canada again to wait! We just returned from a 6 month "visit" to preview...I probably should have taken the test there?

Please help, if you have any advice I'd be exceptionally pleased to hear it. Thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: spouse visa with dependents and KOL

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:49 pm

jc8284 wrote:Hi,
I need some *more* clarification on this whole process, it's driving me insane!

1.) I cannot find the fees for adding dependents to a spouse visa on the Border Agency website (as we have 3 children) and after searching my butt off, I still don't know how much I have to have had sitting in the bank for the mandatory 3 months...I'm probably just looking in all the wrong places and following the FAQ links the website keeps replying to me with. I've read on some of these posts that the Tier 2 applicants need 533 pounds per dependent and for the sponsor and 800 pounds for the applicant that is to remain untouched but is that the same for a family visa applicant?

2.) Also, I've been married to my UK citizen for 6+ years.....sooooo, does that mean I can/should skip a step in the process? If so, what should I be applying for exactly?

3.) And I still don't understand where or when I have to take this KOL test since I'm applying from Canada as a US citizen and I don't actually have the funds to travel back to the UK with 3 kids and back to Canada again to wait! We just returned from a 6 month "visit" to preview...I probably should have taken the test there?

Please help, if you have any advice I'd be exceptionally pleased to hear it. Thanks in advance.
It's £585 for you and each of the dependants, but I think u can apply for ILE (KOL REQD) for £820 plus £150 for each dependent, wait for others tho on this I'm not 100% sure. U'll need to take the KOL test ASAP when in UK, KOL can only be taken in UK.

There is no requirement to show funds in the bank, Tier 2 has nothing to do with ur sitch, that's a skills-based visa.

I think u should be applying for ILE but as I said, this area is not my strong point!

So it's £820 plus £150 x 3 = £1270, better than £2340 if by spouse visa...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jc8284
Newly Registered

Post by jc8284 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Thank you so much for responding. I would be grateful to get more responses, but nobody seems to have sure answers for me. I think I will just go the route of applying for the spouse visa as I probably will not get refunded either way. I would like to find out if I really need to have those 3 months of records from the bank because that is the main thing making the difference to my situation right now. Thank you again for the other useful info. :)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:41 pm

jc8284 wrote:Thank you so much for responding. I would be grateful to get more responses, but nobody seems to have sure answers for me. I think I will just go the route of applying for the spouse visa as I probably will not get refunded either way. I would like to find out if I really need to have those 3 months of records from the bank because that is the main thing making the difference to my situation right now. Thank you again for the other useful info. :)
3 months is required. I've known people that were rejected because they didn't provide atleast 3 months worth of bank statements.
I tell it like it is.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Be aware that Visa fees for Dependents are due to rise considerably.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Been doing a bit of reading and it's seems the expensive option is ur only option, unless ur missus can pass to KOL test on visit.

4 x £585, take and pass the KOL test, then £820 + 3 x 150 for ILR. Better sell a kidney....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Dependent's Settlement visa fee is due to rise from £585 to £1680 for 2010/11 following new table of fees from Mr Woolas. :(