ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shadow Love
Newly Registered

Surrender Certificate

Post by Shadow Love » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could help on this -

Can I surrender my Indian passport by post? or does it have to be in person? I have mailed the HCI in London regarding the process, but have had no response, and it's been a week now. I have looked through every website of HCI (even of France & Hong Kong!) possible related to this, but it only mentions that all expats have to surrender their Indian passport, and the fee to do so. No mention of HOW to do this. Could someone help me, please? Thanks.

indianadr
United Kingdom

Re: Surrender Certificate

Post by indianadr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Shadow Love wrote:Hello All,

Can I surrender my Indian passport by post? or does it have to be in person? I have mailed the HCI in London regarding the process, but have had no response, and it's been a week now. I have looked through every website of HCI (even of France & Hong Kong!) possible related to this, but it only mentions that all expats have to surrender their Indian passport, and the fee to do so. No mention of HOW to do this. Could someone help me, please? Thanks.
Hi,

I wont recommend by post, but you can do it. Make sure you send your application via Signed For or via reputed Courier. Include self addressed postage paid envelope for return of SC.

You need to send -
Indian passport(s), postal order for £90, pohotcopies of visa pages from Indian Passport(s), photocopy of Naturalisation Certificate, photocopy of British passport.

I heard HCI is far better with SC compared to CGI BIR.

If you are planning to apply for OCI/PIO, it is better to make a visit to HCI or CGI. You can submit for SC and OCI at the same time. This is true at CGI BIR.

Hope this helps
Mallik

Shadow Love
Newly Registered

Re: Surrender Certificate

Post by Shadow Love » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:00 pm

indianadr wrote:
Shadow Love wrote:Hello All,

Hi,

I wont recommend by post, but you can do it. Make sure you send your application via Signed For or via reputed Courier. Include self addressed postage paid envelope for return of SC.

You need to send -
Indian passport(s), postal order for £90, pohotcopies of visa pages from Indian Passport(s), photocopy of Naturalisation Certificate, photocopy of British passport.

I heard HCI is far better with SC compared to CGI BIR.

If you are planning to apply for OCI/PIO, it is better to make a visit to HCI or CGI. You can submit for SC and OCI at the same time. This is true at CGI BIR.

Hope this helps
Mallik
Thanks a lot for the response. Do you know what the response time for an OCI application is? I know they mention atleast 12 weeks, but I would like to know the real turnaround time (if anyone has gotten their OCI in the past), as I'm planning to go to India exactly 13 weeks' time! :(