ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

earning conversion per month basis

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simar

earning conversion per month basis

Post by simar » Thu May 27, 2004 5:23 am

Hi All,
I have query on earning part. To show past 12 months gross earning. Do we need to apply monthy average exchange rate to convert say indian rupee ( earn in that month) into pounds.

I could find the monthy average exchange rates in below site.
http://www.x-rates.com/d/INR/GBP/hist2004.html

Also I would like to ask do the provident fund , gratuity are also part of gross income.

regards

simar

Post by simar » Thu May 27, 2004 12:08 pm

7. How do you convert earnings to UK sterling and what happens if I haven?t worked for 12 months?

Normally the currency rate at the time the application is being considered by WP (UK) is used, however, if the applicant is able to demonstrate that the currency rate has altered since the time it was earned, then WP(UK) may consider historical data where provided.

Hi Guys,
I have read this FAQ in the hsmp official page. What should be interpreted on currancy conversion. Actually my case is borderline case in earnings. In case I use latest rate then I am bit short of showing 7500 pounds( india). But in case I use average monthly conversion of each month from last year. Then I am well thorugh. Any comments are well appreciated.

regards

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri May 28, 2004 6:18 am

Of course there is certain leeway in currency conversion; they won't accept if you use rates from 20 years ago, but any reasonable bona fide rate (for example, valid at the time you received the income) could be accepted towards the points you claim.

simar

Post by simar » Fri May 28, 2004 7:17 am

Hi Cosmopol,
Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, i will be using the monthly conversion of each month (for each past 12 months )in converting corresponding earned month salary in pounds. I think that way i m well thorugh.

regards.