ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credit Card Payment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blooking
Newly Registered

Credit Card Payment

Post by blooking » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:25 pm

Hi,

Two questions

1. Is it allright to pay using someone else's credit card?

2. Is PF (Provident Fund) counted in past earnings? (From India)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:46 pm

1. Is it allright to pay using someone else's credit card?
Not sure about that. I recall reading something about that in the forum a few months back where someone used a friend's card. You could do a search and confirm. Also the guidlines dont specifically forbid it.
2. Is PF (Provident Fund) counted in past earnings? (From India)
I dont think there is a straight forward answer to that. Ordinarily I would say that since it is your employer's contribution and it comes outside of your gross salary, it should not count towards past earnings. On the other hand, I have seen a couple of companies that apply CTC (Cost to Company) in a convienent manner where they bump up your gross and extract ESI (Employer's Contribution) from it. In those circumstances I would include my full Gross without worrying about the different components that constitute it. There is also an optional (or minimum) contribution by the employee that obviously comes from your pocket.

My advise, just stick to your gross salary. Anything outside it, and you will struggle to get points for it.

blooking
Newly Registered

PF

Post by blooking » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:49 pm

Thanks Wazir,

PF does however reflect in my Gross salary and on my payslips. will check with my accountant though.

blooking
Newly Registered

PF Again

Post by blooking » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:51 pm

Quick question

anyone from India gained points in past earnings showing PF in Gross?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:37 pm

you can use someone elses credit card as long as the person signs the signature part. I have used this personally without any problems
My bow has been renewed