ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John Tee
Newly Registered

SET M

Post by John Tee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 pm

My wife applied for ILR on a premium service; she was told that there was fone call needed to make a decision. All our passports were retained and it is 6 days since and no response.
Does it mean it is refusal and what are those checks?

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: SET M

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 pm

John Tee wrote:My wife applied for ILR on a premium service; she was told that there was fone call needed to make a decision. All our passports were retained and it is 6 days since and no response.
ot

I heard PEO do not putting stamp on same day...and they are making some check so you should wait for 2 or 3 days..

Not it does not suggest refusal...

Wait and see

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

John Tee
Newly Registered

Re: SET M

Post by John Tee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:
John Tee wrote:My wife applied for ILR on a premium service; she was told that there was fone call needed to make a decision. All our passports were retained and it is 6 days since and no response.
ot

I heard PEO do not putting stamp on same day...and they are making some check so you should wait for 2 or 3 days..

Not it does not suggest refusal...

Wait and see

UK_Banned_Member
Thanks for instant response, BUT it is 6 days today, can i call them and ask or it is perfectly normal to wait even longer?

John Tee
Newly Registered

Passport

Post by John Tee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:55 pm

I sent my passport and paid premium hoping i can travel on or around Easter with my wife on business, The way the HO works it may seem they could take for ever, would it affect her application if i asked for my passport back so that i travel at least on own business

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 pm

hmnn,john tee,
it seems u might be in for this lonnnnnnnnnng thing but just keep praying cos the same thing happened to me and i ve been waiting for up to 22 weeks now.sounds funny but that is just the truth.

John Tee
Newly Registered

Post by John Tee » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Is any one got an answer on why these people take too long as previous person says and what and why it takes that long.???!!! weird

Ritzy
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Ritzy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:12 am

Hi John

Where did she apply for ILR ? Because i have read so many stories here , if you have applied cardiff they don't issue same day stamps because they don't have system there. and you get your passport by post in 3 working days .But if you apply sheffield, Birmingham And Croydon they do return your passports on same day with in few hours in most cases.unless they have to check anything which can't be done due to time or depends on day aswell.

if your documents were complete so don't worry about it , you will get it
AllThe Best

John Tee
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by John Tee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:53 am

Documents were all complete, done in Birmingham; called office last Week, they stated they will reply middle this week, fingers crossed; had business trip next week and poor gal is pregs, they kept all letters with hospital appointments!!. and we all stuffed.