ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post study work visa with Oxford Brookes degree in accountin

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lenoratoh
Newly Registered

Post study work visa with Oxford Brookes degree in accountin

Post by lenoratoh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi, i did my oxford brookes degree while i was in m'sia n obtained it last year july. I came to Uk to do my acca part 3. I've not finish all my papers yet but would like to apply for post study work visa using my oxford brookes degree obtianed last year. I wondering if i would be eligible for the PSW visa? since i've been here for awhile doing acca, which is not really related to the degree obtained.

Please let me know as soon as possible!! really need help and advice here!! thanks!!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

cant you check whether your degree is accepted or not from ukba website. That will be most reliable info for you

lenoratoh
Newly Registered

Post by lenoratoh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 am

hi, yah. my degree is eligible to apply for the PSW visa. But i'm worried that i don't get approval as i did ACCA part 3 in the uk.

I did my degree with Oxford Brookes University while i was back home and got my result later in July.

glowbeg2
Newly Registered

Post by glowbeg2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:03 am

lenoratoh wrote:hi, yah. my degree is eligible to apply for the PSW visa. But i'm worried that i don't get approval as i did ACCA part 3 in the uk.

I did my degree with Oxford Brookes University while i was back home and got my result later in July.
im sure you can still use your degree as you obtained it from a uk uni
u also need to check with the ukba helpline and with your recent college and ox brooks if they have any help....being able to transfer onto PSW will also depend on ur current status....

nezinho

Studying at oxford brookes

Post by nezinho » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Hey,

I'm not entirely sure you can use your oxford brookes degree if you studied in malaysia. As far as I know you need to study at a UK university in the UK only. Read the bottom parragraph of this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ification/