ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i have right to work???

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juniorr

Do i have right to work???

Post by juniorr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:44 am

i have applied my student visa couple weeks ago and received Date of acknowledgment letter from HO. my boss told me that he has to terminate my job until i get my visa.
i'm proper student and not doing more than 20 hours....can some1 tell me do i have a right to work while i'm pending my visa and how can i convinced my boss...
Thank you

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:54 am

If you had a valid student visa at the time of application you can continue working. Ask your boss to phone the UKBA emplyers' helpline if he needs reassurance.

juniorr

Post by juniorr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 pm

UKBAbble wrote:If you had a valid student visa at the time of application you can continue working. Ask your boss to phone the UKBA emplyers' helpline if he needs reassurance.
my visa will expire next week. i only applied week ago. so i no it'll take time... but i'm looking some proof to convinced him.... Tnx fo ur quick reply mate

ukvisa2004

Re: Do i have right to work???

Post by ukvisa2004 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

see "6. APPLICANTS' STATUS WHILE SUBJECT TO LEAVE UNDER SECTIONS 3C OR 3D".

This should convince your boss that you can continue to work.

juniorr wrote:i have applied my student visa couple weeks ago and received Date of acknowledgment letter from HO. my boss told me that he has to terminate my job until i get my visa.
i'm proper student and not doing more than 20 hours....can some1 tell me do i have a right to work while i'm pending my visa and how can i convinced my boss...
Thank you