ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAINTENANCE AND ACCOMMODATION requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jamieb
Newly Registered

MAINTENANCE AND ACCOMMODATION requirement

Post by jamieb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:51 am

hi all, i am getting married to a uk national and intend to apply for spouse visa from outside uk. however i am still unclear with regards to the following issues and am hoping someone can enlighten me:

1. my partner(uk citizen) is a student and dependent on the parents and therefore has no income. so i cannot rely on my sponsor to meet the maintenance requirement. i am also unemployed at the moment but have savings of more than 20k pounds (no income on bank statements for last 3 months, only expenses) would the ECO be satisfied that we meet the maintenance requirement in this case?

2. if not, then would the fact that i have a bachelors degree from a reputable european uni and have a fair chance of getting a job in uk help in meeting the maintenance requirement?

3. lastly, regarding the accommodation, we are planning to stay at my partner's parents in uk. what documents/proof besides the mortgage statement do i need from them? ive read somewhere about an "inspection of accommodation for entry clearance"....do i need that even though it isnt listed as required evidence? if so how do i obtain it?how long does it take?(i only have 4 weeks before i have to submit the application) does it have to be done by the council or can it be done by private companies (which?faster?)?

im getting really stressed about all this...any help with any of the above would be highly appreciated. many thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

buttercup88

Post by buttercup88 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 am

I'm in a similar situation and would like to know the answer to this question.

I've read the links above... but it's mostly for people who are already working in the UK to prove their current financial situation.

For us applying outside the country (accompanying our partners), I dont see why it matters how much we make now.
Or if we have regular transactions at all, since we're in a different country.

I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience getting a spouse visa when:
the bank statements have no regular transactions
but shows a lot of savings

oh, and the answer to your accommodation question:
the inspection report is not 100% needed. I would bring a letter of invitation from your parents saying you can stay there rent free, mortgage statemetns or land registry, a house blueprint or pictures of the house.

MURizvi
Newly Registered

Post by MURizvi » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Interesting, I would love to the answer to this too.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm

HI
I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience getting a spouse visa when:
the bank statements have no regular transactions
but shows a lot of savings

Do you have any evidence of savings.If yes then it be ok.
oh, and the answer to your accommodation question:
the inspection report is not 100% needed. I would bring a letter of invitation from your parents saying you can stay there rent free, mortgage statemetns or land registry, a house blueprint or pictures of the house.
Property inspection report is not needed but it is a good idea to inculde this as lot of people are refused on accommodation.
You need title deeds and title plan of property plus house pics with measure.

I am surprised why no one is replying to these very simple questions.

Is this dead forum?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm surprised too, ImmigrationUK2009 or whatever ur new name is...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Wanderer wrote:I'm surprised too, ImmigrationUK2009 or whatever ur new name is...
Maybe Casa will tell us the IP address?

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:03 pm

mochyn wrote:
Wanderer wrote:I'm surprised too, ImmigrationUK2009 or whatever ur new name is...
When you two have finished checking my IP address then please advise to question asked.I not sure you have anything to add.

I think CASA stand for case(only e word difference)...Just realize she/he is forum moderator.ahahah just kidding

So what is your say on this matte?

Do you know anything on this?
These are my personal views only please.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Lynnuk wrote:
mochyn wrote:
When you two have finished checking my IP address then please advise to question asked.I not sure you have anything to add.

I think CASA stand for case(only e word difference)...Just realize she/he is forum moderator.ahahah just kidding

Bye!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Lynnuk wrote:
mochyn wrote:

Bye!
Good Bye
These are my personal views only please.