ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility to get PR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gani
Newly Registered

Eligibility to get PR

Post by Gani » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to ask whether am eligible to apply for PR in UK.

Here am giving my details.I entered UK in Feb 2005 on worpermit visa(intra company transfer) and now i have completed 5 years stay in UK. In middle i was outside UK continuously for 190days(from march 2008 to sep 2008)for personal reasons but there is no break in my worpermit.it is extending continuously from 2005.during my break i was getting salary in india and i have indian payslips. I have worpermit visa till march 2012.
Mean while integration of our indian company took place and i got a letter stating that i am employee of uk company since 2005.
I want to know if i stay six months continuously after 5 years of completion.so that my total period of stay in uk will be 5 1/2 years(am thinking to componsate 6months break here) and then apply for PR. Is there any possiblity of getting PR ???????

Please reply ASAP.
Last edited by Gani on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:29 pm

ILR in Sept 2013 but it won't exist by then.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ash20

Re: Eligibility to get PR

Post by ash20 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:27 am

Gani wrote:Hi,
I just wanted to ask whether am eligible to apply for PR in UK.

Here am giving my details.I entered UK in Feb 2005 on worpermit visa(intra company transfer) and now i have completed 5 years stay in UK. In middle i was outside UK continuously for 190days(from march 2008 to sep 2008)for personal reasons but there is no break in my worpermit.it is extending continuously from 2005.during my break i was getting salary in india and i have indian payslips. I have worpermit visa till march 2012.
Mean while integration of our indian company took place and i got a letter stating that i am employee of uk company since 2005.
I want to know if i stay six months continuously after 5 years of completion.so that my total period of stay in uk will be 5 1/2 years(am thinking to componsate 6months break here) and then apply for PR. Is there any possiblity of getting PR ???????

Please reply ASAP.
Hi Gani,
If you have letter stating you were employee of UK then it should be fine. do you have all P60's ? . If you have all of them then it should be ok.
all you need now a letter from employer that during that time you went back to India on project but u were based in UK. Personal reason may not convince the case worker. Also Indian payslip will not help.

The rule is that you need to prove that u were based lawfully in UK and paid the necessary taxes during that period

( FYI ..If there is a break for six months then clock resets u can't compensate )

My Suggestion
1) All 5 P60's [ UK Payslips or UK bank statement ]
2) Employer letter that u were UK employee since 2005
3) Letter from employer stating that gap was for business purpose

If you have above 3 then u have good chances to get the ILR. Hope this helps

Good luck
WP + Tier 1 = 2004-2009 , ILR Success : Sept' 09
British Citizen : Dec ' 10