ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is distance education valid to get HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gani
Newly Registered

Is distance education valid to get HSMP

Post by Gani » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi,

I have done master degree through distance education(kuvempu university,india). Can i apply for HSMP? distance education master degree is valid? Pls let me know.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Is distance education valid to get HSMP

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Gani wrote:Hi,

I have done master degree through distance education(kuvempu university,india). Can i apply for HSMP? distance education master degree is valid? Pls let me know.
Check if your masters gives you enough points in the points-based calculator.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Gani
Newly Registered

Post by Gani » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:17 pm

My master degree is giving enough points but i have done masters through distance education not full time regular course so am worried that will it be recognised?

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Gani wrote:My master degree is giving enough points but i have done masters through distance education not full time regular course so am worried that will it be recognised?
if it is there on the PBS calculator and its awarding you points for it you should be okay with that..

You have a degree certificate and thats what they look at and not it being a regular or correspondence one..

you get points against your degree of 3 + years duration called as masters if you have done it from India as you say ..

But hey why is ur location as UK ? if already there then why are you going thru the entire painful cycle ?

Gani
Newly Registered

Post by Gani » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 am

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply :-)

Now am on Tier2 visa (intra company transfer). If i want to swich to Tier 1 or HSMP visa then i have to meet all these requirements.