ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

excercise of treaty right for EU citizen in Ireland.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daddy
Member of Standing

excercise of treaty right for EU citizen in Ireland.

Post by daddy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 pm

If an eu citizen gets registered as a job seeker in Ireland, would it be enough to proof that she is excercising her treaty right and for her non- eu spouse to apply for resident card( stamp4EUFAM) ?

Is it possible for a non- eu spouse of eu citizen,from a visa free country to be issued with stamp4 on arrival (at the airport) in Ireland.

Thanks for your answers.

koded

Post by koded » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:00 am

[quote]If unemployed:

•Current letter from Department of Social and Family Affairs with full employment history for last 2 years and details of current benefit claims
AND
•Current letter from FÃ

kabuki
United States of America

Re: excercise of treaty right for EU citizen in Ireland.

Post by kabuki » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:13 pm

daddy wrote:If an eu citizen gets registered as a job seeker in Ireland, would it be enough to proof that she is excercising her treaty right and for her non- eu spouse to apply for resident card( stamp4EUFAM) ?

Is it possible for a non- eu spouse of eu citizen,from a visa free country to be issued with stamp4 on arrival (at the airport) in Ireland.

Thanks for your answers.
I do not believe you can be issued with a stamp 4 upon arrival as Ireland requires you to be in the state for 3 months before making an EU1 application, if I'm correct, though this may have changed.

Once the application is made, you'll usually received your documents back within 2-5 business days with a letter to take to the GNIB where you should be issued a stamp 4 for 6 months whilst you await the decision of you application. If the application is approved, you'll be issued with a stamp 4EUFAM.

I know you can register as a jobseeker with FAS and submit it with your app, but I don't know if you had to be working in the state previously for a certain period of time. We did this, but my partner completed her junior cert, leaving cert and uni here as her parents moved her here 12 years ago. She's also been working for 5 years, during and after college. If you can prove you're self-sufficient with full medical insurance, this should suffice as well.

daddy
Member of Standing

Amount of money required in the bank statement

Post by daddy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Pls, does anyone have idea of how much money we are required to have in the bank account to show that my wife if self sufficient.

I believe that someone has submitted a bank statement and have his EU1 application approved. Those who have passed through this step, pls help. Any idea would help.

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 pm

[quote="koded"][quote]If unemployed:

•Current letter from Department of Social and Family Affairs with full employment history for last 2 years and details of current benefit claims
AND
•Current letter from FÃ