ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scary letter from the nationality department

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

Scary letter from the nationality department

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Evening people,

Currently I'm in the UK on a Tier 1 visa, previously I had HSMP. My current visa valid until September 2012.

I just got a horrible letter from the nationality department of Greater Manchester police ( the same place where I registered when I got to the UK / extended my visa etc...).

Some quotes:

"It is necessary to discuss certain matters with you relating to your stay in this country"... asking me to contact them as soon as possible, they also say that I can come in person or phone them, in case I come in person my passport is not necessary.

Does anyone know what's going on? Has anybody received a letter like that? My girlfriend & I are scared!!!

Please reply ASAP!!

Thanks.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Have you informed them of your extension? If not maybe they just want to confirm that you have a valid visa. If you have a valid visa and have done nothing illegal, there is nothing to worry. Give them a call as soon as possible. Dont loose sleep over it..

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:23 pm

We'll go tomorrow morning to the police station and hear what they have to say, will report tomorrow how it went.

Thanks again :-)

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

They just wanted to check details

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:46 am

and see whether I moved address/ changed job or something (which I didn't), guess they have new procedures now that they need to check that every few months or so (last time I was there was 10 months ago when I got my extension).

When we asked them why the letter was written so harshly they just said that otherwise people would ignore it. come on!! have a bit of faith in people.

well, back to normal till 2012, thank god for that!

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Scary letter from the nationality department

Post by dima » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 pm

hsmp_to_tier1 wrote:Evening people,

Currently I'm in the UK on a Tier 1 visa, previously I had HSMP. My current visa valid until September 2012.

I just got a horrible letter from the nationality department of Greater Manchester police ( the same place where I registered when I got to the UK / extended my visa etc...).

Some quotes:

"It is necessary to discuss certain matters with you relating to your stay in this country"... asking me to contact them as soon as possible, they also say that I can come in person or phone them, in case I come in person my passport is not necessary.

Does anyone know what's going on? Has anybody received a letter like that? My girlfriend & I are scared!!!

Please reply ASAP!!

Thanks.
Nothing in the letter looks/projects "scary' 8) ... its a way of being assertive!!! :D