ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i study full time while on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cacofonix
Newly Registered

Can i study full time while on HSMP

Post by cacofonix » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:58 am

Hi ,
I would appreciate if anyone could clarify if i can study full time while on HSMP Visa. Assuming that i could, i am already half way through my course which would be finishing towards the end of May 2010. I had been working during the weekends ( 1-2 weekends / month) just to support myself and my family who are currently staying with me.

This doubt arised, when my friend happened to mention that i would be facing problems when i apply for Permanent residence visa next year as i wont be ecnomically active during this study period. Is it true. It will be of grate help if anyone express their thoughts on this issue.

Also my parents are planning to come to UK to witness my graduation ceremony in the 1st week of June . As a part of it, i am planning to send my payslips of the part time locums i had done , my bank statements along with the letter from a Locum agency saying that i am working with them since 2007. Now that my friend casted a doubt in my mind, i am not sure whether it would be appropriate for my parents to come here.

I am scared that if i am not allowed to study fulltime and work part time while on HSMP just as my friend mentioned , will i be digging my own grave by sending the above mentioned supportive documents to the cousalate ofice in India.

I would be very grateful if anyone could address my concerns and give me their valuable suggestions.

Thanks a lot for going through my long post .

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Can i study full time while on HSMP

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:49 am

When you are on HSMP (tier 1 general) visa, you can study fulltime as long as the earnings are sufficient to gain the points required when you are due for renewal.

There is no law which states that you cannot study fulltime while on tier1 (g). And you can work part-time to earn money. Your parttime is not restricted to 20 hours like when you were on student visa.

Hope that clears up.
cacofonix wrote:Hi ,
I would appreciate if anyone could clarify if i can study full time while on HSMP Visa. Assuming that i could, i am already half way through my course which would be finishing towards the end of May 2010. I had been working during the weekends ( 1-2 weekends / month) just to support myself and my family who are currently staying with me.

This doubt arised, when my friend happened to mention that i would be facing problems when i apply for Permanent residence visa next year as i wont be ecnomically active during this study period. Is it true. It will be of grate help if anyone express their thoughts on this issue.

Also my parents are planning to come to UK to witness my graduation ceremony in the 1st week of June . As a part of it, i am planning to send my payslips of the part time locums i had done , my bank statements along with the letter from a Locum agency saying that i am working with them since 2007. Now that my friend casted a doubt in my mind, i am not sure whether it would be appropriate for my parents to come here.

I am scared that if i am not allowed to study fulltime and work part time while on HSMP just as my friend mentioned , will i be digging my own grave by sending the above mentioned supportive documents to the cousalate ofice in India.

I would be very grateful if anyone could address my concerns and give me their valuable suggestions.

Thanks a lot for going through my long post .

cacofonix
Newly Registered

Re: Can i study full time while on HSMP

Post by cacofonix » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi HSMP aspirant,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I only happened to see your msg today as my net connection is disrupted for the last two days.

Are you sure that i can study while on Tier 1 General and if so, it would be of enormous relief to me. Please dont mind asking you, as all these days i had been given a mixed response when i spoke to several people with regards to my problem.