ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents needed for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 am

thankyou so much for all your help...

Tim....i have checked out the web links...thankyou

Casa Wrote:
The Home Office intend to add another year for Spouse applications before 'permanent' residence can be applied for.
So Casa....you are saying that i will have to wait for three years for ILR?

but my visa is only 27 months?...

plz explain...

D_W

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm

No...you'll apply for Probationary Citizenship (not ILR) at the end of your 27 months and then wait maybe another 2 years before you can apply for Citizenship.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:41 pm

desperate__wife wrote:thankyou so much for all your help...

Tim....i have checked out the web links...thankyou

Casa Wrote:
The Home Office intend to add another year for Spouse applications before 'permanent' residence can be applied for.
So Casa....you are saying that i will have to wait for three years for ILR?

but my visa is only 27 months?...

plz explain...

D_W
Dont loss your heart. May be latest policies are more suitable for some applicants.

eg In 2007 I applied for COA ( Certificate of approval ) and paid 235.00 something to Home Office for marrying with british citizen.

Now they have new rules ( changed some of them ) and finished any application fee.
May be new rules bring some Good 8) some Bad news :oops: ... Who Knows....... :roll:

Conclusion: HOPE FOR THE BEST. DONT LOSS HEART.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Can i ask what the goverment gateway ID is and is NINO, national Insurance number?

Many thanks

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Can i ask what the goverment gateway ID is and is NINO, national Insurance number?

Many thanks
Hi julia,

You are right NINO is National Insurance Number.

&

Government Gatway is:

What is the Government Gateway?
The Government Gateway is the website you use to register for online government services. It is an important part of the government's strategy of delivering 'joined up' government, enabling people to communicate and make transactions with government from a single point of entry.

Register with the Government Gateway if you want to:
- enrol for one or more government services (for example, Self Assessment, PAYE Internet Services for Employers and Electronic VAT Returns).

Once you are registered as a Government Gateway User, you will be able to:- submit forms to government departments for the services for which you have enrolled. You will be able to carry out some services by filling in online forms on government or private company websites. For other services, online forms will not be available and you will only be able to send forms by using software packages (such as payroll software).

- enrol for additional services as they become available.

- assign an Agent (such as your accountant or payroll bureau) to act on your behalf for any of the services you have enrolled for.

If you are an organisation you can also:
- add other people within your organisation as Users of the Government Gateway. They will be able to carry out any of the services you have already enrolled for, and also enrol for new services. They will also be able to create and delete other Users.

- create Assistants who will have access to limited features within the Government Gateway, but can send your organisation's forms to the government using appropriate software or websites.

- complete tasks such as deleting Users, changing the services that Users are assigned to and making changes to your registration details.

http://www.gateway.gov.uk/

Hope this satisfy you.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your reply. My husbands ILR is due Feb 2011 (I messaged you a few weeks ago and you gave me great advice).

The Home Office site, states the transitional arrangements for earned citizenship.

Says that people who apply before earned citizenship is introduced (july 2011) can go through on old system of ILR and citizenship.

Do you think my husband will be lucky and get through on old system, or will the possible goverment change, affect the transitional arrangements for it being introduced in July 2011).

What are your thoughts?

Many Thanks
Last edited by juliajules1979 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:01 pm

kamalin10 wrote:
desperate__wife wrote: also its stupid to apply for electrol polling list when i can not even do it since im not a UK citizen...this action can lead to a negative impact on my ILR application.
If you don’t inform them that you live and can NOT vote then I’ll affect your credit rating. You won’t be able to get a credit in 99% of the cases
although if you don’t work then you won’t be able to get it anyway :lol:
I have tried to apply to be included on electoral role, but as I am Iranian they say I cant at this time. So theres no way I can go on it, and as such my credit rating is taking a battering, any suggestions of a way round this?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your reply. My husbands ILR is due Feb 2011 (I messaged you a few weeks ago and you gave me great advice).

The Home Office site, states the transitional arrangements for earned citizenship.

Says that people who apply before earned citizenship is introduced (july 2011) can go through on old system of ILR and citizenship.

Do you think my husband will be lucky and get through on old system, or will the possible goverment change, affect the transitional arrangements for it being introduced in July 2011).

What are your thoughts?

Many Thanks
Its true if someone apply before july 2011 than he may be considered under old ( present ) rules. In your case, if your hubby is applying in Feb 2011 through premium service than his case will be decided On same day. If he apply ILR by post than dont know how much time will be taken by HO.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:21 am

juliajules1979 wrote:
kamalin10 wrote:
desperate__wife wrote: also its stupid to apply for electrol polling list when i can not even do it since im not a UK citizen...this action can lead to a negative impact on my ILR application.
If you don’t inform them that you live and can NOT vote then I’ll affect your credit rating. You won’t be able to get a credit in 99% of the cases
although if you don’t work then you won’t be able to get it anyway :lol:
I have tried to apply to be included on electoral role, but as I am Iranian they say I cant at this time. So theres no way I can go on it, and as such my credit rating is taking a battering, any suggestions of a way round this?
I think commonwealth citizens are also allowed to vote. Not sure about Iran. I guess Iran is not a commonwealth country.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Hiya

Many thanks for your replies, no its not a commonwealth country unfortunately!