ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Post by IrlNational2009 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:11 pm

homingpigeon wrote:^^^^

Just a quick question IrlNational2009, did you get a confirmation letter back from INIS stating that they had received your docs (signed oath form, fee etc..)? Was it the general letter that states: We have received your docs with regards to your naturalization application.......? thanks in adavnce
It was more like a general letter...stating..we refer to your letter with enclosing documents...but it was acknowledged in the next couple of days. Just got confirmation from my friend that he received his cert after 15 weeks. So slowly getting there.. :?

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 pm

IrlNational2009 wrote:
homingpigeon wrote:^^^^

Just a quick question IrlNational2009, did you get a confirmation letter back from INIS stating that they had received your docs (signed oath form, fee etc..)? Was it the general letter that states: We have received your docs with regards to your naturalization application.......? thanks in adavnce
It was more like a general letter...stating..we refer to your letter with enclosing documents...but it was acknowledged in the next couple of days. Just got confirmation from my friend that he received his cert after 15 weeks. So slowly getting there.. :?
Ahh right...thanks for the update. I got the first letter then. Wow, so nearly 4 months!?

9jeirean

Re: Thanks 9gerian

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:19 pm

9jeirean wrote:
mad wrote:Dear 9jerian,

Can you please tell us your timelines. Would appreciate it my friend.
Applied July 07
Acknowledged Aug 2007
Additional doc requested Jan 2009
Submitted Feb 2009
Social Welfare Report Forwarded (On the request of INIS Oct 2009)
File Fwd to the minister December 2009
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wink:
It's been 3 months and counting, and there's no word yet from the minister :roll:
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:37 pm

9jeirean wrote:

Applied July 07
Acknowledged Aug 2007
Submitted Feb 2009

Good News at last. Got home from work this afternoon to meet my approval letter.

Next to swear my oath next week. (It's a walk in arrangement in my neck of the woods).

Thanks to all on this forum for the information and support. Good luck to all still waiting.

:)

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 pm

9jeirean wrote: Good News at last. Got home from work this afternoon to meet my approval letter.

Next to swear my oath next week. (It's a walk in arrangement in my neck of the woods).

Thanks to all on this forum for the information and support. Good luck to all still waiting.

Fantastic News! Congratulations! Next week oath date, aint you lucky!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

mad

Post by mad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:57 pm

9jeirean wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

Applied July 07
Acknowledged Aug 2007
Submitted Feb 2009

Good News at last. Got home from work this afternoon to meet my approval letter.

Hi! 9gerian,

Heartiest Congratulations. Bravo! Well done. I am delighted to hear your good news. I hope your certificate follows in a Zap. Would you mind telling us how long did it take for your approval to come through after your file was sent to the minister. Kindly tell us in weeks. My application is with the minister for 3 weeks.

Do you guys feel that minister approves files every week or every month? If he approves files every month then I must expect my approval in April most probably.

Cheers

Mad

Cheers.

Mad

mad

Post by mad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:57 pm

9jeirean wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

Applied July 07
Acknowledged Aug 2007
Submitted Feb 2009

Hi! 9gerian,

Heartiest Congratulations. Bravo! Well done. I am delighted to hear your good news. I hope your certificate follows in a Zap. Would you mind telling us how long did it take for your approval to come through after your file was sent to the minister. Kindly tell us in weeks. My application is with the minister for 3 weeks.

Do you guys feel that minister approves files every week or every month? If he approves files every month then I must expect my approval in April most probably.

Cheers

Mad

Cheers.

Mad

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Congrats 9jeirean.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks a million y'all.

@Mad: My application was sent to the minister first week of December. That brings it up to exactly 3 months (12 weeks). I don't know for sure how frequently the minister signs applications but not to worry buddy, you should be alright.

9j

mad

Post by mad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 pm

9jeirean wrote:Thanks a million y'all.

@Mad: My application was sent to the minister first week of December. That brings it up to exactly 3 months (12 weeks). I don't know for sure how frequently the minister signs applications but not to worry buddy, you should be alright.

9j
Great stuff 9gerian. Thanks a lot for telling us mate. Well done. I wish you the very best of luck regrading prompt posting of your cert.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Congratulations, 9jeirean!

crown

Post by crown » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:40 pm

9jeirean wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

Applied July 07
Acknowledged Aug 2007
Submitted Feb 2009

9jaman/9jeirean
Congrats
I am sure you must be quite elated
Hopefully we will all get there
Once again Congrats
Crown

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks Sideshowsue and Crown

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 am

9jeirean wrote:Thanks Sideshowsue and Crown

Hey 9jeirean ..... COngratulations

I'm sure you must have relieved with this !! Happy for you mate.

I'm waiting for mine too...my application was sent to minister 3 weeks back and waiting for THAT letter !!! Have fun, and thanks for your advises .

mad

Post by mad » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Deception-shy wrote:

I'm waiting for mine too...my application was sent to minister 3 weeks back and waiting for THAT letter !!! Have fun, and thanks for your advises .
it's really nice to know that your file was sent to the minister Deception-Shy. I am in the same boat as you since my file was also sent to the minister 3 weeks ago. I would be really grateful if you could let us know once your approval comes through. In the meantime would you kindly share your time lines. Cheers.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:02 am

My housemate got her letter of approval yesterday monday the 8th of march.she applied in 2007 not single call she made to INIS and there was no other letters or docs requested from her!!!

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:39 pm

mad wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:

it's really nice to know that your file was sent to the minister Deception-Shy. I am in the same boat as you since my file was also sent to the minister 3 weeks ago. I would be really grateful if you could let us know once your approval comes through. In the meantime would you kindly share your time lines. Cheers.

Hey Mad,

You are in the same boat too, thats cool man, Below are my time lines

Applied -- April-2007
Acknowledged - Aug-2007
Additional Documents - September-2009
Sent to Minister - Feb last week, 2010

I was through to the citizenship call and she told me that my application was sent in the 3rd week of Feb and asked me not to ring AGAIN and they would respond once they hear something from Minister. She told me that it would take upto 6 to 8 weeks time

So, now waiting for THAT Letter :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?:

mad

Post by mad » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Deception-shy wrote:
mad wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:

Hey Mad,

You are in the same boat too, thats cool man, Below are my time lines

Applied -- April-2007
Acknowledged - Aug-2007
Additional Documents - September-2009
Sent to Minister - Feb last week, 2010

I was through to the citizenship call and she told me that my application was sent in the 3rd week of Feb and asked me not to ring AGAIN and they would respond once they hear something from Minister. She told me that it would take upto 6 to 8 weeks time

So, now waiting for THAT Letter :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?:
Thanks for sharing that Deception-Shy. I guess our files were sent one after the other. I was told that my file was sent to the minister on the 11th of February. So I guess we shall be hearing around the same time. Kindly let me know once you receive your approval. I am very paranoid about INIS.

Cheers yet again.

mad

Post by mad » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:My housemate got her letter of approval yesterday monday the 8th of march.she applied in 2007 not single call she made to INIS and there was no other letters or docs requested from her!!!
Congratulations to your housemate. Isn't she very lucky :) Good for her. Does she know how long was her file with the minister?

PaddyBoy
Newly Registered

Post by PaddyBoy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:31 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:My housemate got her letter of approval yesterday monday the 8th of march.she applied in 2007 not single call she made to INIS and there was no other letters or docs requested from her!!!
@nicepecsigot: Congratulations to your flatmate, I am just wondering her nationality and the sector she was working in?

I am thinking that certain nationals and certain sector workers - probably with high income - get their approval faster than the others?

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 am

well shes from philippines and shes working as nurse,lots of them in tallaght hospital seemed to already got their naturalization(mostly filipino nurses) who applied 2007 after coming to ireland 2001.saying that i think they all give citizenship to everyone but whos handling your application is what matters.some are just slow and some are great in processing them .........i think!!!

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks for sharing that Deception-Shy. I guess our files were sent one after the other. I was told that my file was sent to the minister on the 11th of February. So I guess we shall be hearing around the same time. Kindly let me know once you receive your approval. I am very paranoid about INIS.

Cheers yet again.[/quote]

Hi Mad

Can you also share your time lines if u dont have any problem?
Dont worry man, all should be well and its just matter of time before our applications are approved. Then starts another struggle in life, life just moves on mate. Dont be paranoid !!! Lets hope for BEST

mad

Post by mad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Deception-shy wrote:Thanks for sharing that Deception-Shy. I guess our files were sent one after the other. I was told that my file was sent to the minister on the 11th of February. So I guess we shall be hearing around the same time. Kindly let me know once you receive your approval. I am very paranoid about INIS.

Cheers yet again.
Hi Mad

Dont worry man, all should be well and its just matter of time before our applications are approved. Then starts another struggle in life, life just moves on mate. Dont be paranoid !!! Lets hope for BEST[/quote]

Sure Deception-Shy. My timelines are as follows:

Applied: Sept. 06.
Acknowledged: October 2006.
More info: November 2008.
Sent: Dec 2008.
File sent to minister: February 2010. Not sure of exact date. Most probably my file was sent on 15th of Feb.

I am paranoid about INIS because they change their statements all the time. I hope that they have said the right thing this time around.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 pm

mad wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:Thanks for sharing that Deception-Shy. I guess our files were sent one after the other. I was told that my file was sent to the minister on the 11th of February. So I guess we shall be hearing around the same time. Kindly let me know once you receive your approval. I am very paranoid about INIS.

Cheers yet again.
Hi Mad

Dont worry man, all should be well and its just matter of time before our applications are approved. Then starts another struggle in life, life just moves on mate. Dont be paranoid !!! Lets hope for BEST
Sure Deception-Shy. My timelines are as follows:

Applied: Sept. 06.
Acknowledged: October 2006.
More info: November 2008.
Sent: Dec 2008.
File sent to minister: February 2010. Not sure of exact date. Most probably my file was sent on 15th of Feb.

I am paranoid about INIS because they change their statements all the time. I hope that they have said the right thing this time around.[/quote]

Hi MAD

Yeah....INIS is not a functionally organized office and they dont follow any chronological order for application processing and its highly difficult to believe them. But I dont think anything would be wrong in your case as you have applied in 2006 and i heard in many forums that they are trying to clear all the backlogs asap. Hopefully in few weeks time we'll have that letter. You are up there man, dont get paranoid.

(Too Cloooose yet Tooooo Far)

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi guys, good luck to all applying for naturalisation

and fair play to u all for being so patient, i think it is just CRAZY that people have to wait nearly 4 years to get it!!!!

beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton