ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eager2learn

tier 1 to ILR

Post by eager2learn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Dear All
I have finished 4 years on WP/T2 and with the last months income I have converted into Tier 1. My job contract has finished and currently I am unemployed and looking for a new job. After a year I can apply for ILR with a combination of T2 and T1 stay. My question is will this unemployment period be counted against me during my ILR application.

Hopefully I will get a job soon and in the worst case, become self employed. But is there a period of unemployment allowed within T1? During my ILR application what can I show for my economic activity during this 5th year? If I am self employed is there a minimum profit that I have to make etc?

diago_nelson

Re: tier 1 to ILR

Post by diago_nelson » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:11 am

For ILR under Tier1 category, you need to show that you were economically active in UK.
Looking for job is also considered to be economically active.
Keep all proofs of job application and interview appt. letters. (pass/rejects).
Register with consultants and if possible get letters from them as well.

All the best !
eager2learn wrote:Dear All
I have finished 4 years on WP/T2 and with the last months income I have converted into Tier 1. My job contract has finished and currently I am unemployed and looking for a new job. After a year I can apply for ILR with a combination of T2 and T1 stay. My question is will this unemployment period be counted against me during my ILR application.

Hopefully I will get a job soon and in the worst case, become self employed. But is there a period of unemployment allowed within T1? During my ILR application what can I show for my economic activity during this 5th year? If I am self employed is there a minimum profit that I have to make etc?