ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent plz

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missu352
Newly Registered

urgent plz

Post by missu352 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 pm

i got british passport interview appointment next week but accidently injured one of my finger today. i heard applicant needs to provide fingerprint in interview as part of bp application process. i am confused what to do. shall i call ips to postpond appointment or go for it. anybody had this experience please share. missu

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: urgent plz

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:15 pm

missu352 wrote:i got british passport interview appointment next week but accidently injured one of my finger today. i heard applicant needs to provide fingerprint in interview as part of bp application process. i am confused what to do. shall i call ips to postpond appointment or go for it. anybody had this experience please share. missu
Is it broken? Still not hard to provide a fingerprint with a bit of pain.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:26 pm

I wasn't aware that they take your fingerprint at the BC interview. See here for details on what happens at the interview:
Passport interview
The possible confusion may arise because the new passports are biometric. Here's details on what goes into the biometric information that's stored: Biometric passports
You will notice that they state: "The chip inside the passport contains information about the holder’s face – such as the distances between eyes, nose, mouth and ears. These details are taken from the passport photograph that you supply."

No mention of fingerprint at all.

missu352
Newly Registered

Post by missu352 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 am

thanks, thats what i thought 2 looking at their side. however, i have a friends mentioned of it perhaps he was confused then.