ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Valid HSMP and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jk2007
BANNED

Valid HSMP and ILR

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:16 am

On my passport, there is a HSMP visa valid upto 2011 March.
I have recently got ILR on my passport. While giving the ILR, they have not cancelled the HSMP. I understand that new visa supercedes the old one.

If I travel abroad, while returning to UK, is there a risk of immigartion officials giving the entry stamp based on the HSMP visa instead of ILR, in which case, the ILR may be lost? How can I ensure that the entry stamp is given based on ILR?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I doubt you will lose. I think once he scans your passport the he should know that you have ILR. have travelled with ILR which was issued before my hsmp visa expired and i have noticed that the IO went past the page in my passport until he got the page with the ILR

bani

Post by bani » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:11 pm

It doesn't matter. I was in the same situation. I always hand the IO my passport open to the page where ILR is, and I always get asked how I obtained it. Twice, they still put their stamp on the unexpired HSMP page. But they knew I had ILR, and on my landing card I put "indefinite" on time I'll spend in UK.