ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculation of 5 year period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maneeshg

Calculation of 5 year period

Post by maneeshg » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:00 am

Hi Guys,

I need to understand what is the start date for the calculation of 5 year period.

I landed in UK on the evening of 9th September 2005. Being Friday and after business hours, I reported for work on 12th September and thus my employment contract starts from 12th September.

My question is what will be the start date for calculation of 5 year period 9th September 2005 or 12th September?

Thanks in advance

Maneesh

booboo2010

Re: Calculation of 5 year period

Post by booboo2010 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:08 am

maneeshg wrote:Hi Guys,

I need to understand what is the start date for the calculation of 5 year period.

I landed in UK on the evening of 9th September 2005. Being Friday and after business hours, I reported for work on 12th September and thus my employment contract starts from 12th September.

My question is what will be the start date for calculation of 5 year period 9th September 2005 or 12th September?

Thanks in advance

Maneesh
R u on work permit or HSMP

ash20

Re: Calculation of 5 year period

Post by ash20 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:38 am

maneeshg wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

Maneesh
It is 9th Sepetmber .. the day you entered UK is the start date. Calculation starts from the day u were in UK . This is my understanding and i followed same. in fact i landed on saturday. check the stamp on ur passport.
WP + Tier 1 = 2004-2009 , ILR Success : Sept' 09
British Citizen : Dec ' 10

maneeshg

Post by maneeshg » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks guys for responding.

I am on work permit.