ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tinibee
Newly Registered

ILR SET M

Post by Tinibee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 am

Me
Last edited by Tinibee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:33 pm

If you're concerned in any way about your application it may be safer to apply by post when you would be given the opportunity to explain anything which isn't straightforward.
However, regarding finance...you don't need to have savings in your account when you apply. The emphasis for spouse ILR applications is on evidence that the marriage is subsisting as long as you are able to show that you are supporting yourselves financially.
You are both able to travel independently outside of the UK during the 2 year period. You weren't 'living apart' as your permanent home was with your husband in the UK.

angel_voice1978
Newly Registered

Post by angel_voice1978 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:15 am

That is also my worry in applying my SET (M) ILR. My husband is british and he allows me to go home every year to visit my father and my siblings. Hope this wouldnt be the reason that my ILR wont be approve as I have been waiting for this for 7 years. I came here in UK as a work permit holder and on my 4th year 6 months, i married my husband and I didnt know that I have to re-start again and wait for additional 2 years for the ILR.

I am also confused as to how many documents that we need to show. The consul who attended to my spouse visa said that we should have 5 documents each in our names if we dont have a joint one. But I have read the SET(M) guidelines, that it should be 6. Is that 6 documents for me and 6 from my husband total in 12 or 6 documents in total from both of us? Does it matter if we dont have documents that is joint?PLs help

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:26 am

angel_voice1978 wrote:That is also my worry in applying my SET (M) ILR. My husband is british and he allows me to go home every year to visit my father and my siblings. Hope this wouldnt be the reason that my ILR wont be approve as I have been waiting for this for 7 years. I came here in UK as a work permit holder and on my 4th year 6 months, i married my husband and I didnt know that I have to re-start again and wait for additional 2 years for the ILR.

I am also confused as to how many documents that we need to show. The consul who attended to my spouse visa said that we should have 5 documents each in our names if we dont have a joint one. But I have read the SET(M) guidelines, that it should be 6. Is that 6 documents for me and 6 from my husband total in 12 or 6 documents in total from both of us? Does it matter if we dont have documents that is joint?PLs help
Ur husband 'allows' you? Crikey...

Anyway u didnt need to start again re ILR, u could have stayed on work visa and had ILR ages ago and not be holding on ur spouse.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....