ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Petition for John Recto

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sovtek

Petition for John Recto

Post by sovtek » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 pm

It seems John has lived here for eight years. If they can do this to John then they can do this to anyone of us who have been here for years on work permits and haven't yet obtained permanent status.
At least sign the petition. Personally I think Dermot Ahern and Mary Coughlan offices need to inundated with protest. Anyone interested?

http://www.teeu.ie/petition.asp

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:12 pm

wow terrible. how can they do this I didnt know he was working here for eight years.
some of my friends didnt apply naturalisation or long term residence up until recently because their work is stable now they have to think about it..
he can apply for stamp 5 but maybe he does not have enough stamps.

just like that huh..

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Signed.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:46 pm

smalltime wrote:wow terrible. how can they do this I didnt know he was working here for eight years.
some of my friends didnt apply naturalisation or long term residence up until recently because their work is stable now they have to think about it..
he can apply for stamp 5 but maybe he does not have enough stamps.

just like that huh..
I wouldn't think anyone's work is stable at the moment. It only takes the whim of some manager or CEO and you're years of contributing to Irish society mean nothing. The government only wants to keep immigrant workers around that are easily controlled and thats why the processes are the way they are. They only way they will change if people stand against them.
I'm trying to organize to have Coughlan (ENTEMP) and Ahern's (Justice) office picketed. Let me know should anyone want to join.