ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for my Kid.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Visit Visa for my Kid.

Post by balu_tyco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:02 am

Hello Frineds,

first of all I would like to thank all in this forum, who always help me and others to clarify doubts.

I got married 2 years before in UK, my wife came from india to study in UK and we got married here, she was divorced and have a kid, now he turned 11, we would like to bring him to UK for a visit in his summer holidays from India. due to family problems I have not been to India after i got married, so there is no chance for me to adopt the kid legally.
as the time is running out I am thinking to bring him here on my wife dependent (on visit visa to justify his summer holidays) ,as my wife dont work how the things will be to apply for visita visa for kid on his mom dependent?
Can i show my earnings in visa process? is all these have any adverse affects when I leaggly adopt him and bring to UK in next Year??

Could some of our experts can advise me on these issue it will be grateful.

Thanks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Visit Visa for my Kid.

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

balu_tyco wrote:Hello Frineds,

first of all I would like to thank all in this forum, who always help me and others to clarify doubts.

I got married 2 years before in UK, my wife came from india to study in UK and we got married here, she was divorced and have a kid, now he turned 11, we would like to bring him to UK for a visit in his summer holidays from India. due to family problems I have not been to India after i got married, so there is no chance for me to adopt the kid legally.
as the time is running out I am thinking to bring him here on my wife dependent (on visit visa to justify his summer holidays) ,as my wife dont work how the things will be to apply for visita visa for kid on his mom dependent?
Can i show my earnings in visa process? is all these have any adverse affects when I leaggly adopt him and bring to UK in next Year??

Thanks
YOU NEED immigration expert in this

this can be done as u married to a person and if she have legal custody of child

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Visit Visa for my Kid.

Post by dima » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:05 pm

balu_tyco wrote:Hello Frineds,

Thanks
She may produce affidavits stating that her son is her responsibility and he is permitted to move to any country as her dependent.Also, you both can have an affidavit stating that you are willing to support him.

And 2nd option is" court orders "saying mother has the sole responsiblity of the child, this will surely needed if you are applying for PR for any country like Australia Or canada.

I feel, the first option should be fine & its easier too. (One of my frds has taken this route :D)

I also, suggest you need not adopt him at all. If mom has legal court orders of custody, then you will be considered as step dad of the child and you have all the authority to bring him to any country.

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for your replies...

my wife has divorce certificate in that Court clearly mentioned the child is in her custody and she is looking after him.

Do i still need to adopt him or with this affadivit stating that me and my wife look after him, is this enough to apply for the visa?

Thanks

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:25 pm

balu_tyco wrote:Thanks for your replies...

my wife has divorce certificate in that Court clearly mentioned the child is in her custody and she is looking after him.

Do i still need to adopt him or with this affadivit stating that me and my wife look after him, is this enough to apply for the visa?

Thanks
Thats excellant, your wife has the court orders of the child custody.so in your case, you can produce an affidavit saying that you will be taking care & responsibility of the child as he is your step-child and your wife has the custody orders and also you need not adopt at all as the child is alreday your step son. 8)
:) good luck!!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:25 pm

dima wrote:
balu_tyco wrote:Thanks for your replies...

Thanks
Thats excellant, your wife has the court orders of the child custody.so in your case, you can produce an affidavit saying that you will be taking care & responsibility of the child as he is your step-child and your wife has the custody orders and also you need not adopt at all as the child is alreday your step son. 8)
:) good luck!!
SEE THAT court order allows child to be taken out of country , only custody is not sole base to move a divorcee her children out of country.

court approval is must to get visa without u adopting him

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your replies.
at the moment I am trying to get(process in applying) the passport for my kid on his mom's name.I think as a single mother we can get passport for kid.. can any one suggest me about this??? later i will apply for visa on Visit or dependent,, please can some one suggest me about applying visa (Visit or Dependent).

Thanks

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:31 pm

balu_tyco wrote:Hi Friends,

Thanks for your replies.
at the moment I am trying to get(process in applying) the passport for my kid on his mom's name.I think as a single mother we can get passport for kid.. can any one suggest me about this??? later i will apply for visa on Visit or dependent,, please can some one suggest me about applying visa (Visit or Dependent).

Thanks
I would suggest, you can give your name as the child's dad in the passport instead saying single mother, as the mum of the child is married to you.This would indeed be useful in the furure, if you wanna apply for dependent visa for the child for any country.

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Frineds,

Thanks once again for your comments and suggestions.

as in birth certificate bilogical father name has mentioned so when we apply for passport and given my name as father , does it give any issues??
Ref: as i said earlier kid has only mother's name in all schooling and other insurance matters etc.

sorry frineds due to more confusions some time i am posting too many questions hope every one who suggested me understands this.

Thanks always...

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:06 pm

balu_tyco wrote:Hi Frineds,

Thanks once again for your comments and suggestions.

as in birth certificate bilogical father name has mentioned so when we apply for passport and given my name as father , does it give any issues??
Ref: as i said earlier kid has only mother's name in all schooling and other insurance matters etc.

sorry frineds due to more confusions some time i am posting too many questions hope every one who suggested me understands this.

Thanks always...
As the mom of the child is legally married to you, when she applies for the Passport for the child, she has all the rights to give your name as child's dad along with wedding certificate to prove that you both are legally married and passports of you both which has your wife's name included in your passport and vise versa( This is optional though).
No matter that the Birth certi has child's Biological father's name. This will not create any issues at all.

However, to immigrate to any country as a" PR"she may need court orders to prove the custody of the child and child can be removed from the home country.( in your case which she already has the court orders).

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Dima,

Thanks for your reply.
I am working on these information which I have received from you guys and apply the passport soon for my kid.

In the mean time if i have any queries i will get back to you.

Thanks

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Thu May 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello Friends,
hope everyone is fine in our forum.
I need some help, I have tried hard to get passport for my son but could not able to get in right direction as could not understand Indian Law correctly(please see above posts as this discussion happend in 3 months before for visa process but can not even get passport)in india they said i can not be added father's name on my steps son's passport even our application for single mother has rejected. could some one help me about this process for getting passport :(, we are rellay worrying how get him into UK..

Plz suggest.

Thanks
Balu

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 20, 2010 8:13 pm

What is your immigration status in the UK? Is your wife in the UK living with you? If yes, who is the child living with in his home country?

regards

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Thu May 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi,

I am under Tier-1 and my wife is on dependent visa,my step son is living in India with my wife's parents, as I want to bring him to UK, getting Passport is basic issue at this point, hope you red my first post.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 20, 2010 11:08 pm

1. As you have not legally adopted the child, he cannot apply for EC as your dependent.
2. Since your wife is in UK as a dependent, the child cannot apply for EC as her dependent.
3. In light of the above, the child will need to apply for EC as a family visitor (for now).

If you wish that the child lives with you and your wife in the UK, you must either adopt the child or your wife will need to change her immigration status from that of a dependent to a main migrant in an economic immigration category (PBS).

Now to the Indian passport!

As this forum is meant for UK immigration, you might find it difficult to get expert advice / suggestions regarding Indian passport issuance problems.

This said, in order for someone to suggest something on the matter, you'll first need to explain the reason(s) as to why the child's passport application was refused - if any were informed to you, that is. Also, does the father of the child have any objection / say in this matter (passport issuance and the child travelling / growing up abroad) - is he opposed to it? supports it? is indifferent altogether? doesn't know / care?

Also, what all documents were submitted along with the passport application?

regards

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri May 21, 2010 1:54 pm

"Now to the Indian passport!
This said, in order for someone to suggest something on the matter, you'll first need to explain the reason(s) as to why the child's passport application was refused - if any were informed to you, that is. Also, does the father of the child have any objection / say in this matter (passport issuance and the child travelling / growing up abroad) - is he opposed to it? supports it? is indifferent altogether? doesn't know / care?"

Surely being divorced does not take away the childs father from the passport, you can only be the father by adopting = that is common sence
pennyless

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 21, 2010 4:47 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
sushdmehta wrote: This said, in order for someone to suggest something on the matter, you'll first need to explain the reason(s) as to why the child's passport application was refused - if any were informed to you, that is. Also, does the father of the child have any objection / say in this matter (passport issuance and the child travelling / growing up abroad) - is he opposed to it? supports it? is indifferent altogether? doesn't know / care?"
Surely being divorced does not take away the childs father from the passport, you can only be the father by adopting = that is common sence
The child has never been issued a passport. So question here is not about removing the (biological) father's name from the passport but to understand if the (biological) father had any contribution in the passport application being refused.

Having said this, there is no requirement for both parents to be named in the minor's passport when the parents are separated or divorced, and also if the child is born out of wedlock.

regards