ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Is Bachelors degree eligible?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chikisdreams
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Is Bachelors degree eligible?

Post by chikisdreams » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Hello,

Can you please let me know if the Tier1 visa can be applied having a Bachelors Degree. I do not have Masters. Am I eligible for applying?

Thanks!!

silversurfer

Re: Tier 1 - Is Bachelors degree eligible?

Post by silversurfer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:32 pm

chikisdreams wrote:Hello,

Can you please let me know if the Tier1 visa can be applied having a Bachelors Degree. I do not have Masters. Am I eligible for applying?

Thanks!!
Not with current rules.

chikisdreams
Newly Registered

Post by chikisdreams » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm

I heard that the requirement of Masters is going to be removed. Is that just a rumor?

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:40 pm

chikisdreams wrote:Hello,

Thanks!!
Wait until 6th of April. Mind you, the past earning requirement will be much tougher...

sumsum
Newly Registered

Post by sumsum » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm

i was reading in the new rules. that for masters there are 35 points and for bachlors is 30. does any one know wheather post graduate diploma from uk university is equavalant to bachlors degree. can i apply for tier 1 genral, according to the new rules??????????

kju

Post by kju » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 pm

sumsum wrote:i was reading in the new rules. that for masters there are 35 points and for bachlors is 30. does any one know wheather post graduate diploma from uk university is equavalant to bachlors degree. can i apply for tier 1 genral, according to the new rules??????????
can you please tell me where can i read this new rules???????
i have a masters degree, but only 80 total points...
if they change previus earnings, i'm worried i might be short... :-/
Last edited by kju on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sumsum
Newly Registered

Post by sumsum » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:03 am

kju wrote:
sumsum wrote:i was reading in the new rules. that for masters there are 35 points and for bachlors is 30. does any one know wheather post graduate diploma from uk university is equavalant to bachlors degree. can i apply for tier 1 genral, according to the new rules??????????
can you please tell me where can i read this new rules???????
because i will apply in april, i have a masters degree, but only 80 total points...
check the topic is post graduate dilploma from universty enough for tier 1

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 am

renzokuken wrote:
Wait until 6th of April. Mind you, the past earning requirement will be much tougher...
Where did you get the date April 6th? From the research I've done, the Home Office has said an annoucement regarding the Tier 1 MAC recommendations will be made in "Early 2010".

On April 6th, with an annoucement be made regarding what they will do with these MAC recommendations? Or will that be the date that MAC recommendations are implemented?

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 am

I suspect you may have to go through NARIC to determine if it is or isn't. My assumption (after reading through the complete MAC recommendations PDF a while ago), is that a post graduate diploma isn't valid, because the minimum requirement is a Bachelors degree and a post-grad diploma isn't a degree. The PDF is fairly clear on the Bachelor's degree requirement. Of course I could be completely wrong, since I'm brand new to this.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 am

kju wrote: can you please tell me where can i read this new rules???????
because i will apply in april, i have a masters degree, but only 80 total points...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 am

GeneNZ wrote:
Where did you get the date April 6th? From the research I've done, the Home Office has said an annoucement regarding the Tier 1 MAC recommendations will be made in "Early 2010".

On April 6th, with an annoucement be made regarding what they will do with these MAC recommendations? Or will that be the date that MAC recommendations are implemented?
the agent in the call centre told me, when I asked the reason why they suspended the appointment booking for April

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:08 am

renzokuken wrote:
GeneNZ wrote:

the agent in the call centre told me, when I asked the reason why they suspended the appointment booking for April
Thanks. Most interesting. Are you able to tell me where you and your agent is based? i.e. Are you currently UK based? Don't need to give me specifics.

Do you have any other information, or is that all your agent told you? More specifically, is April 6th the date an annoucement will be made, or is April 6th the date changes will be implemented?

Any information you can provide would be most useful, since I'm currently awaiting these changes to determine what my next move is (and I'm getting restless sitting around waiting :) ).

Thanks in advance!

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 am

are they allowed to give such information?

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:34 am

at the moment all the info provided here are mere speculations (it may be true but who knows)...better to wait and see the black and white print...
GeneNZ wrote:
renzokuken wrote:
GeneNZ wrote:

Thanks. Most interesting. Are you able to tell me where you and your agent is based? i.e. Are you currently UK based? Don't need to give me specifics.

Do you have any other information, or is that all your agent told you? More specifically, is April 6th the date an annoucement will be made, or is April 6th the date changes will be implemented?

Any information you can provide would be most useful, since I'm currently awaiting these changes to determine what my next move is (and I'm getting restless sitting around waiting :) ).

Thanks in advance!

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am

Markie wrote:at the moment all the info provided here are mere speculations (it may be true but who knows)...better to wait and see the black and white print...
I fully understand this :). But from my point of view, as an applicant that is directly affected, anything is better than nothing. I've been waiting for this annoucement since the start of January, and from that period until now, the waters have been dead silent. Only in the past few days (since they made implemented the Tier 4 changes) has there been some sort of noise regarding this matter.

So if someone can feed me me any info, however small or big it is, I'd be more than glad to take it. Call it blind faith, but thats how eager I am to hear something :P.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 am

GeneNZ wrote: Thanks. Most interesting. Are you able to tell me where you and your agent is based? i.e. Are you currently UK based? Don't need to give me specifics.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for didn't make this clear. I am in the UK, the person who told me this information is Home Office agent who answered premium appointment booking in 0870 606 7766 phone number. If I understand correctly by 6th April this will be implemented. They don't make booking available for April until the announcement made, because many people will not eligible with the rule.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am

renzokuken wrote:
GeneNZ wrote: Thanks. Most interesting. Are you able to tell me where you and your agent is based? i.e. Are you currently UK based? Don't need to give me specifics.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for didn't make this clear. I am in the UK, the person who told me this information is Home Office agent who answered premium appointment booking in 0870 606 7766 phone number. If I understand correctly by 6th April this will be implemented. They don't make booking available for April until the announcement made, because many people will not eligible with the rule.
Wow. Thank you for this. Although still speculation (as Markie as said), this at least gives me a date to work around.

Thank you so much.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 am

GeneNZ wrote:
Wow. Thank you for this. Although still speculation (as Markie as said), this at least gives me a date to work around.

Thank you so much.
Indeed it is still unofficial, with the number of changes on the Tier-1, I suspect there is possibility for slight delay on the implementation (if they accepted the recommendation).

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 am

renzokuken wrote: Indeed it is still unofficial, with the number of changes on the Tier-1, I suspect there is possibility for slight delay on the implementation (if they accepted the recommendation).
Basically I'm waiting to see what the changes are (particularly with regard to the previous earnings attribute, which is significantly harder, but for me depends directly on the multipliers they decide to implement). So if the changes go my way, it doesn't really matter how long it takes them to implement (preferably this year), since then I know I can apply for the Tier 1. If I'm not eligible, then I'll leave immediately and travel on my Tier 5.

kju

Post by kju » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 am

GeneNZ wrote:
renzokuken wrote: Indeed it is still unofficial, with the number of changes on the Tier-1, I suspect there is possibility for slight delay on the implementation (if they accepted the recommendation).
Basically I'm waiting to see what the changes are (particularly with regard to the previous earnings attribute, which is significantly harder, but for me depends directly on the multipliers they decide to implement). So if the changes go my way, it doesn't really matter how long it takes them to implement (preferably this year), since then I know I can apply for the Tier 1. If I'm not eligible, then I'll leave immediately and travel on my Tier 5.
I'm am also not legible by this new earning rules.. why didn't i find about this earlier????argh, i could have applied already... because i have 80 points total to the rules that apply now. only if they change the multipliers (now its 2.3 for my country, i will need at least 2.4) because i'm only 5 points short with new rules (basically i'm missing about 1k in earnings) :-(

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:48 am

kju wrote:I'm am also not legible by this new earning rules.. why didn't i find about this earlier????argh, i could have applied already... because i have 80 points total to the rules that apply now. only if they change the multipliers (now its 2.3 for my country, i will need at least 2.4) because i'm only 5 points short with new rules (basically i'm missing about 1k in earnings) :-(
Well, you can still apply now, the new rule is not implemented yet.

kju

Post by kju » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:51 am

there has been some similar discussion here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24362
changes were IMMEDIATE, if someone applied before a certain date, old rules would apply..

this should have been discussed earlier, made into a sticky, important warning,here and on home office site etc. :idea:

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:52 am

It seems to me that your salary, for the country you live in, is very high (otherwise you wouldn't make 80 points). Unless you have great job prospects in the UK, maybe you should think very carefully whether it makes economic sense for you to move there.

kju wrote:
GeneNZ wrote:
I'm am also not legible by this new earning rules.. why didn't i find about this earlier????argh, i could have applied already... because i have 80 points total to the rules that apply now. only if they change the multipliers (now its 2.3 for my country, i will need at least 2.4) because i'm only 5 points short with new rules (basically i'm missing about 1k in earnings) :-(

kju

Post by kju » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 am

renzokuken wrote:
kju wrote:I'm am also not legible by this new earning rules.. why didn't i find about this earlier????argh, i could have applied already... because i have 80 points total to the rules that apply now. only if they change the multipliers (now its 2.3 for my country, i will need at least 2.4) because i'm only 5 points short with new rules (basically i'm missing about 1k in earnings) :-(
Well, you can still apply now, the new rule is not implemented yet.
i have my English assesment exam (IELTS) next week (i've been postponing that unfortunately :x ) and have to wait 2 weeks for results.. which means i can apply on 1.4. earliest

it might be a matter of days.. anyhow, i hate the uncertainty :?

any suggestions?

kju

Post by kju » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 am

its 80 points total with master's degree (35) and 28 years old (10)
(+20 for english and maintenance funds = 100)
ukswus wrote:It seems to me that your salary, for the country you live in, is very high (otherwise you wouldn't make 80 points). Unless you have great job prospects in the UK, maybe you should think very carefully whether it makes economic sense for you to move there.

kju wrote:
GeneNZ wrote: