ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

safwan

Post by safwan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 pm

hi Tanukiji

the cost of private ceremony is £100 every where

safwan

Post by safwan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:46 pm

hi
Finally i received my british passport today

Here is my Time Line
NCS
Date of submission or posting : 05/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 10/01/2010
CRITERIA: 15 years +12 YEARS ILR
Date of debit of Card : 16/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 20/01/2010
Date of receipt of approval : 20/02/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 25/02/2010

Date of passport application : 26/02/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 04/03/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: 08/03/2010

Thanks to you all

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Not so, the price varies considerably around the country.
John

gg234

Post by gg234 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Hounslow council is charging £200
John wrote:

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:44 pm

rather than doing google search for private ceremony keep calling leeds registry office. regardsless how much is the price of different council you have to do with leeds council and has to pay their required fees.
Tanukiji wrote:Hello

Just have a question regarding the Citizenship Ceremony.

I just rang up to book my slot and the first available time is 20 April 2010 :shock: which is 6 weeks away.

Does anyone know how much it costs to arrange a private ceremony? I live in Leeds and on the Leeds City Council website it said that the cost depends on the time and place at which you wish to have the ceremony.

I have done a quick google search and search results show prices from £43 to £123 from all over in the UK.

I forgot to ask the lady at the Council when I had her on the phone. Now I can't get through at all.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this.

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Post by raghu2627 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Spartac wrote:
raghu2627 wrote:Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Hounslow
Date of submission or posting : 11/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 12/01/2010
CRITERIA: 3 Years
Date of receipt of approval : 05/02/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 24/02/2010

Date of passport application : 24/02/2010
Date for passport Interview: 10/03/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending
Hi raghu2627,

Can you let me know when you got your interview letter for your passport and when they returned the original supporting documents. I'm waiting for IPS to contact me 9 days post application and getting just a little concerned.

Regards - Spartac

Hi Spartac,

I received my documents from IPS on 05/03 and the interview letter on 06/03.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:35 pm

raghu2627 wrote:Hi Spartac,

I received my documents from IPS on 05/03 and the interview letter on 06/03.
Thanks raghu2627
safwan wrote:hi
Finally i received my british passport today

Here is my Time Line
NCS
Date of submission or posting : 05/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 10/01/2010
CRITERIA: 15 years +12 YEARS ILR
Date of receipt of approval : 20/02/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 25/02/2010

Date of passport application : 26/02/2010
Date for passport Interview: 04/03/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: 08/03/2010

Thanks to you all
Congratulations safwan. The passport was very quick. Could you let me know which regional passport office you used and when you got your invitations letter.

Thanks - Spartac

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Just tracked our passport applications through IPS and was told that they have been received today, 9 days after I submitted them through the Check and Send!!

Is that normal? Is there an intermediary between the Post Office and the Regional Issuing Office or has the Post Office messed up?

Regards - Spartac

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Eskar wrote:i got letter from council for ceremony but didnt heard anything from UKBA. well you can call UKBA to forward it to to desire council however i suppose they might not willing to do it as they dint with spartec but worth a try.

:D

Congratulations!!!! dont worry the letter from UKBA is on the way. They tell the council first before they tell the individual and it seems in your case the letter from the council has arrived before your UKBA letter.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:46 pm

hi Spartec,

thats definitly not right if im not wrong the £8 fees inlclude speical delivery which mean your application plus doc should be received by IPS with one day whereas it took about 9 days!!. you can contact with royal mail or posst office to identify the delay but anyway you can not reverse the clock.

Spartac wrote:Just tracked our passport applications through IPS and was told that they have been received today, 9 days after I submitted them through the Check and Send!!

Is that normal? Is there an intermediary between the Post Office and the Regional Issuing Office or has the Post Office messed up?

Regards - Spartac

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Spartac wrote:Just tracked our passport applications through IPS and was told that they have been received today, 9 days after I submitted them through the Check and Send!!
Spartac, how did you find this out?
Did you call IPS on 0300 222 0000 and mention the Barcode reference no. that the post office provided you?
I sent my application on the 3rd - perhaps it's time to check on its progress?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:51 am

gg234 wrote:Hounslow council is charging £200
John wrote:
why 200.00? Is it a special rate for you or everyone? normally they charge 45 to 75 pounds in london ( different councils ).
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:01 am

f2k wrote:
Eskar wrote:i got letter from council for ceremony but didnt heard anything from UKBA. well you can call UKBA to forward it to to desire council however i suppose they might not willing to do it as they dint with spartec but worth a try.

Congratulations!!!! dont worry the letter from UKBA is on the way. They tell the council first before they tell the individual and it seems in your case the letter from the council has arrived before your UKBA letter.
I heard a different story yesterday. I contact to my local council asked when do they send invitation letter to applicent ( usually after receiving applicant's citizenship certificate from Home office ) to book an appointment for ceremony.
They said they dont issue any letter.Applicant receives two letters direct from home office.
1st letter, confirming their application is approved.
2nd letter, asking to contact local council to book ceremony appointment.

Share your thoughts on above comments as I was thinking council sends 2nd letter to book ceremony appointment. Over to you guys.... :idea:
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

London102

Booking the Ceremony is pain in the neck !

Post by London102 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 am

Hello Tim555,

I guess they are correct in saying this. I have received only ONE letter from UKBA that mentions the approval and the second paragraph about the The Citizenship Ceremonies Department of XYZ Council with their complete contact details. This para specifically asks to contact the council within 14 days to book the ceremony.

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that UKBA completly ignored my request of sending the certificate to a specific council which in effect is very less busier than the one that UKBA has chosen for me according to my home address.

Now, I am trying to call this council since Saturday and the number is continiously busy. Seems they have put the handset off the cradle. Yesterday I called the council's switchboard and request them to put me through to the department and they straightaway told that the department is extremely busy and I should keep trying to get the line.

Any government department cannot be so busy (specially citizenship department... UKBA is not approving tens of thousands of applications in any specific area that council is unable to handle).

I have only today and tomorrow to book the ceremony as per the letter issue date. I am sure I will not be able to get them on line and have to take time off to go physically and book the appointment ':x'

Regards,

Tim555 wrote:
f2k wrote:

I heard a different story yesterday. I contact to my local council asked when do they send invitation letter to applicent ( usually after receiving applicant's citizenship certificate from Home office ) to book an appointment for ceremony.
They said they dont issue any letter.Applicant receives two letters direct from home office.

Share your thoughts on above comments as I was thinking council sends 2nd letter to book ceremony appointment. Over to you guys.... :idea:

Tim555

Re: Booking the Ceremony is pain in the neck !

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 am

London102 wrote:Hello Tim555,

I guess they are correct in saying this. I have received only ONE letter from UKBA that mentions the approval and the second paragraph about the The Citizenship Ceremonies Department of XYZ Council with their complete contact details. This para specifically asks to contact the council within 14 days to book the ceremony.

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that UKBA completly ignored my request of sending the certificate to a specific council which in effect is very less busier than the one that UKBA has chosen for me according to my home address.

Now, I am trying to call this council since Saturday and the number is continiously busy. Seems they have put the handset off the cradle. Yesterday I called the council's switchboard and request them to put me through to the department and they straightaway told that the department is extremely busy and I should keep trying to get the line.

Any government department cannot be so busy (specially citizenship department... UKBA is not approving tens of thousands of applications in any specific area that council is unable to handle).

I have only today and tomorrow to book the ceremony as per the letter issue date. I am sure I will not be able to get them on line and have to take time off to go physically and book the appointment ':x'

Regards,

Tim555 wrote:
f2k wrote:

Hi London102,

Thanks for feedback. Yes that's good idea to go physically for appointment booking. You should have done this straightway after approval. Now dont waste time do it asap.
Some NCS are just crap. they dont pickup phone. Some are really quick and nice. my local NCS refused to book my appoointment on the bases I can not apply coz my ILR is less than 12 months ( no need for 12 month if marriage with british citizen ). I sent my application through other NCS ( not my local ).

Wish you good luck.

Oh! one more question, Once you received the payment acknowledgment from HO, what was the narration ( what they wrote in ) of the letter?
On my one they wrote '' THIS IS TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOU APPLICATION AND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS OUR REF: TYPE OF APPLIATION - AN6(2) + CEREMONY + MIF. Number of application - 1, Application forms - 1, photo-copied documents and confirmation of payment.

Its from NORTH WEST REGIION NATIONALITY TEAM.

Is that the same for eveyone? Please advise guys.......OVER TO YOU.... :roll:

Regards,
Tim

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:28 am

Hi, Moh30, freddfrong and yarons

Any updates GUYS?? :?

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:03 am

global gypsy wrote:
Spartac, how did you find this out?
Did you call IPS on 0300 222 0000 and mention the Barcode reference no. that the post office provided you?
I sent my application on the 3rd - perhaps it's time to check on its progress?
Hi global gypsy

I called 0300 222 0000 and asked for a status update. They said its been registered on 08/03 in Durham, which is odd as the application issued by our Post Office is addressed to the Peterborough.

No idea if this is how it works, i.e. are applications registered after a week and dealt with immediately after that or did my application get lost for 9 days.

I think its fair to call them regularly. This is not a naturalisation service which is discretionary. Its a passport application, our right as British Citizens, and customers for the IPS entitled to proper service.

Regards - Spartac

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:45 am

Tim555 wrote:Hi, Moh30, freddfrong and yarons

Nothing yet. It's too soon :)

Someone said the HO was on strike. Anyone has any idea if this is indeed true?

Btw, Tim55 - my acknowledgement letter said exactly what your did. I guess this is the standard template.

London102

Re: Booking the Ceremony is pain in the neck !

Post by London102 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:22 am

Hello Tim555,

I will update you in a few hours on UKBA acknowledgement letter wording.

Regards
Tim555 wrote: Hi London102,

Oh! one more question, Once you received the payment acknowledgment from HO, what was the narration ( what they wrote in ) of the letter?

Tim

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 am

Hello guys,

Does anyone on here know if despite the industrial action by the some UKBA staff, they are processing applications?

Plz I would appreciate your response.

Thanks
Last edited by kindley on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

gg234

Post by gg234 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am

I am not sure how much they are charging for others when i asked for private ceremony she immediately replied £200 which i felt very costly for hounslow area
Tim555 wrote:
gg234 wrote:Hounslow council is charging £200
John wrote:
why 200.00? Is it a special rate for you or everyone? normally they charge 45 to 75 pounds in london ( different councils ).

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Post by raghu2627 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 am

Yes hounslow council is bit greedy than other councils. They charge £200 for a private cermoney.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 am

Spartac wrote:Hi global gypsy

I called 0300 222 0000 and asked for a status update. They said its been registered on 08/03 in Durham, which is odd as the application issued by our Post Office is addressed to the Peterborough.
Spartac - thanks.
I called them this morning, and was told my application reached them as of yesterday, i.e. 8th March.
They suggested I call them again in a week's time if I have not recd any further updates as of then.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:10 pm

global gypsy wrote:
Spartac wrote:Hi global gypsy

Spartac - thanks.
I called them this morning, and was told my application reached them as of yesterday, i.e. 8th March.
They suggested I call them again in a week's time if I have not recd any further updates as of then.
That puts your application at par with mine. I called again today and was told that basically Royal Mail messed up and my application got to them after 9 days instead of the promised next day delivery. I suppose I should simple be grateful if end of the day our original passports, new passports and naturalisation certifcates are not lost in this process!!

Even your application seems to have got there late. I've also been asked to check up on Friday.

Regards - Spartac

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Tim555 wrote:Hi, Moh30, freddfrong and yarons

Nothin yesterday and I'm guessing nothing today as contact centre is on strike.

I'll give them until Thursday before ringing on Friday for an update if I don't get anything in the post.

P.S. The wording on my acknowledgement letter was the same but obviously differs on certain parts depending on what supporting docs you sent with the application.

Don't know what MIF stands for though? Anyone know? :?: