ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excuses to get employer to give Experience Letter?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blt178
Newly Registered

Excuses to get employer to give Experience Letter?

Post by blt178 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:40 pm

I can't imagine that I'm in the ONLY person who is experiencing this and while I don't like to use the word "deceive", I need to know how to get my Letter of Reference from my employer without him knowing WHY I need it...

I worry that I might put myself in a precarious situation at work if they know that I'm looking to move to the UK... but from what I read on these boards, an application is much more effective if you have the employer's letter.

Anyone else had to find a way to get this letter? What "reasons" worked for you? Any advice from anyone?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:26 am

Most people have contacted their current employer by saying you need a reference for applying for "Higher Education". That works all the time.

2uk

Post by 2uk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:26 pm

I have the same problem. I Think I can include my work contract , not a reference. If I ask for a reference ( It is like: Hey Boss , I want to leave the the company can u help me by writing a reference for me ?) I am gonna get fired most likely.

tereshchenko

Post by tereshchenko » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:52 pm

I told 'em story about visa to New Zealand :wink:
And those New Zealanders want to know A LOT about me (including work experience letter), just to give me a visit visa for vacation :P

Now everyone at my old work knows that I'm leave to UK soon, so I wonder what do they think of me... but who cares? :)

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:57 am

I recently tried that with my company and guess what , they dont have problem giving the letter but they need documentation so as to where exactly is it listed that the letter needs to include certain language like graduate level position, blah,blah.

simar

Post by simar » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 am

I told them that need to migrate to Canada ,so to get points under work experience .I need experience letter. Now this immigration time from India to Canada is 5-6 years. THIS is well known fact .
So my employer or rather my HR department think that’s is fine to give me letter. Had I told them that i needed for hsmp uk & that the processed is usually with-in week. Things (getting experience letter)might not have worked.
I guess excuse & saying depends on luck & situation around in which you are working. Best of luck to all