ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of CEFR level B2!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chinita
Newly Registered

Proof of CEFR level B2!

Post by chinita » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at coming to the UK in about 2 months to study Enlglish, and am unsure about the CEFR level B2 requirements!

I have studied English for 7/8 years in highschool, but in Chile the highschool diploma just states you've graduated highschool, and doesn't state the grade, length of time studied, or anything else.

Can anyone advise me what the best course of action is?

Thanks!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Proof of CEFR level B2!

Post by ElenaW » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm

chinita wrote:Hi,

I'm looking at coming to the UK in about 2 months to study Enlglish, and am unsure about the CEFR level B2 requirements!

I have studied English for 7/8 years in highschool, but in Chile the highschool diploma just states you've graduated highschool, and doesn't state the grade, length of time studied, or anything else.

Can anyone advise me what the best course of action is?

Thanks!
Can you get a transcript from your school that says what subjects you took and in what years?
I tell it like it is.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm

chinita, a very good question! Indeed I think yours is the first of probably lots of questions on exactly this subject.

Firstly it is worth having a look at this webpage, and in particular the "conversion chart" towards the bottom of that page.

Indeed it might help you if print out that chart and discuss it with your English teacher. Accordingly to one of those scales, where are you? What level or grade? And can they document that?

My wife lectures at a college here in the UK. They have discussed this issue. They have decided to require an IELTS score of at least 5.5. And they are using the IELTS score because that is commonly understood in the countries that their overseas students tend to come from.
John

Kashif Gulzar
Newly Registered

CEFR B2 and IELTS

Post by Kashif Gulzar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Please Follow the link for a more understandig

Regards