ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rules for Tier1-Extention??????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shughal

Rules for Tier1-Extention??????

Post by shughal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:04 am

Hi All,

I need to ask that if someone gets the Tier-1 General today(suppose in Mar-2010) then at the time of his/her extention(Mar-2013) which rules will be applicable to him/her regarding age, qualification & Earnings in particular.? The rules prevailing at that time (Mar-2013) or the current rules (Mar-2010)under which he obtained the Tier 1.

Seniors plz advice

Regards

Markie

Re: Rules for Tier1-Extention??????

Post by Markie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 am

If (a big if) there are no changes in the current rules then its the current one BUT there is no assurance that there will be NO changes so a safe bet will be the future rules around the date mentioned (march 2013) should apply.
shughal wrote:Hi All,

I need to ask that if someone gets the Tier-1 General today(suppose in Mar-2010) then at the time of his/her extention(Mar-2013) which rules will be applicable to him/her regarding age, qualification & Earnings in particular.? The rules prevailing at that time (Mar-2013) or the current rules (Mar-2010)under which he obtained the Tier 1.

Seniors plz advice

Regards

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:44 am

I don't think so. The proposed rules for new applicants will be considerably tougher. If they apply to all those already in the country, very few will qualify for extension.

Therefore, as far as I remember, the panel specifically recommended not to apply the new rules for extension to those who arrived under old conditions.

Markie wrote:If (a big if) there are no changes in the current rules then its the current one BUT there is no assurance that there will be NO changes so a safe bet will be the future rules around the date mentioned (march 2013) should apply.

Seniors plz advice

Regards

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:00 pm

best thing is to chill out and just go with the flow. No one can ever predict the future. I may agree with you but in the current forms that the UKBA have now there is a cliche that say rules may change in the future - may or may not apply to extensions but who knows...perhaps another JR will be the horizon...
ukswus wrote:I don't think so. The proposed rules for new applicants will be considerably tougher. If they apply to all those already in the country, very few will qualify for extension.

Therefore, as far as I remember, the panel specifically recommended not to apply the new rules for extension to those who arrived under old conditions.

Markie wrote:If (a big if) there are no changes in the current rules then its the current one BUT there is no assurance that there will be NO changes so a safe bet will be the future rules around the date mentioned (march 2013) should apply.

Seniors plz advice

Regards

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:14 pm

I agree with you, but still there are hints about the future. For example, currently those extending their stay can claim points for earnings starting from 16,000 pounds, while the new applicants can't do this.

Markie wrote:best thing is to chill out and just go with the flow. No one can ever predict the future. I may agree with you but in the current forms that the UKBA have now there is a cliche that say rules may change in the future - may or may not apply to extensions but who knows...perhaps another JR will be the horizon...
ukswus wrote:I don't think so. The proposed rules for new applicants will be considerably tougher. If they apply to all those already in the country, very few will qualify for extension.

Seniors plz advice

Regards