ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1B stamped now HSMP Approved. Plz Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sherlypk

H1B stamped now HSMP Approved. Plz Help

Post by sherlypk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am

Dear All,

I got my H1B stamped in DEC 05 now I recveived the Approval Letter from HO in Jan 06 regarding my review appeal saying that my HSMP is approved and I can apply for EC.

Now, If I go for EC they will ask why I am not going on H1B etc.

Also I need the suggestion of all the members specially the senior members that where to go ahead.

Just a bried background about myself I am working as an IT Professional for around 6 years now.

Looking forward for your advices.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:24 am

I dont think UK EC , has anything to do with US H1s, Infact they are seperate offices.

IMHO, they might not ask you anything about the H1, Even if they did ' you could answer "H1B is tied to a particular employer, where as HSMP is not tied to any employer"

Good luck with your EC.

On the other hand, Most people come to UK (especially in IT), becoz they dont have an opportunity to go to US. So I am not sure, why you want to give a preference to UK where US is considered ever green for jobs.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:28 am

This was discussed a couple of days ago

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6621

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 am

There is a little difference in my case Visa has already been stamped and I would like the advice of you n other members in terms of whether to go ahead with going to UK or US depending on the oppurtunities in mt respective field.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:45 am

sherlypk, you are entitled to change your mind and now that you have your HSMP approval, decide to come and live and work in the UK.

I don't see that this is an issue. If you want UK EC then apply for it!
John

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:50 am

I understand the difference in the case but it makes no difference in the execution and the problems of aplenty. As mentioned in that link the biggest problem of H1 is the length of time its going to take you to get based the naturalisation or even the green card process.

There are factors for an against H1 and HSMP. You need to weigh in the factors based on your needs. There are oppurtunities in both the UK and the US. It will be hard to make a decision based on the oppurtunities. You are going to find it in both places.

On an H1, your work status will be tied to a company and the process of naturalisation is longer in the U.S, possibly more tedious. In the UK, currently this process will take you 5 years.

One point in favour of your H1 is that you should have a job in hand while on an HSMP you will have to look for one. That to me is a huge advantage.