ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent - name on aplicatoin after marriage

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IanK

Dependent - name on aplicatoin after marriage

Post by IanK » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi all

I am trying to ascertain what name I need to put on the application form for my Wife ( dependent )

Details:

we were married in December , and therefore have a valid marriage certificate , however due to it taking 4 months to receive a new updated passport , we have not received her new passport.

therefore her passport which has the current Leave to remain stamp in from my work-permit is in her unmarried name.

so do we apply in her unmarried name without her new passport or in the married name with just the marriage certificate ?

any information appreciated
Thanks

diago_nelson

Re: Dependent - name on aplicatoin after marriage

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Apply with the maiden (unmarried) name as in the current passport.
And take your marriage certificate and her current (old) passport with you as proof.
IanK wrote:Hi all

I am trying to ascertain what name I need to put on the application form for my Wife ( dependent )

Details:

we were married in December , and therefore have a valid marriage certificate , however due to it taking 4 months to receive a new updated passport , we have not received her new passport.

therefore her passport which has the current Leave to remain stamp in from my work-permit is in her unmarried name.

so do we apply in her unmarried name without her new passport or in the married name with just the marriage certificate ?

any information appreciated
Thanks

IanK

Post by IanK » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks for confirmation Diago