ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa if Main Applicant is Self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skyhaoo
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant Visa if Main Applicant is Self employed

Post by skyhaoo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi,

I have switched from permanent employee to self employed through limited company recently. Now I need to apply Tier 1 dependant visa for my child who is outside of UK.

1. What documentation should I produce to support I am employed through my own limited company? Can I use the letter from my accountant? Or any other documentation?
2. My child was born in UK but he has not applied dependant visa at that moment as he has to travel back to my home country after he was born here for 4 months. Would this be an issue to apply dependant visa for him now?

Any answers and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, H

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 am

Supporting Documents will be same as for normal dependent application

1. photos
2. birth certificate
3. maintenance funds are main

no issues on that..

skyhaoo
Newly Registered

Post by skyhaoo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 am

Thank you for your reply.

So the letter from accountant should be recognised, right?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Please see the SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... cchecklist
All applicants
• Travel document or passport (passports and travel documents should be valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from the UK)
• One passport sized photograph. This must not be more than 6 months old. (Please see photograph box at the beginning of the form for more details)
• Biometric details
• The appropriate fee
• Evidence to support the information you have given (see below for more details)
• Evidence of your relationship to the main applicant
• Evidence that the main applicant will be able to support you without needing any help from public funds;
• A copy of the pages from the main applicant’s passport showing their permission to stay, if they are already in the UK.
which does not ask you for proof of employment.. but ppl tend to attach 6 months of bankstatements n payslips.. so its upto you