ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa and Hunt for a Job? How is that?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nassima

Visitor Visa and Hunt for a Job? How is that?

Post by Nassima » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:17 am

Hi there,
After reading some threads, I found that some ppl come to UK as visitors for months to "hunt a job" then they'll get a job offer!
I am surprised what they do to get it? I am married to a British citizen I came before to UK under a visitor visa but wouldn't dare to look for a job ( the agencies that contacted me required the right to work in UK) which is impossible with a visitor/touris visa!!
I will apply for spouse visa and because my husband is unemployed I am affraid, I think a job offer will help me a lot.
What do you think friends?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:15 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:19 am

If you apply for a visit visa with a Britsh Spouse already in UK you will almost certainly be refused.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....