ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naric assesment, does it help the HSMP application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dee.musaka
Newly Registered

Naric assesment, does it help the HSMP application

Post by dee.musaka » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:11 am

Hi

Greetings!!

I am a new member of this forum. Greatly appreciate the excellent discussions here. I wanted clarify the following

Will the Letter of comparability issued by NARIC make a big difference in the way the application is considered by the case worker?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Naric assesment, does it help the HSMP application

Post by MWazir » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:06 am

dee.musaka wrote:Hi

Greetings!!

I am a new member of this forum. Greatly appreciate the excellent discussions here. I wanted clarify the following

Will the Letter of comparability issued by NARIC make a big difference in the way the application is considered by the case worker?
This is what the guidance document says - on page 21

Qualifications have to be to the recognised British standard of Bachelors, Masters or PhD (as validated by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) current database) to be awarded the respective points for each level of qualification.

Vocational and professional qualifications can also score points in this area if satisfactory independent evidence is produced to show that the qualification is equivalent to an applicable level British academic qualification. This will be validated, where possible, by reference to the NARIC current database. It is the responsibility of the applicant to demonstrate that the qualification equates to a UK academic qualification. However, NARIC are not always able to verify professional qualifications, so if you already have evidence from NARIC that the qualification equates to an appropriate British level academic qualification please submit it with your application.

If you have any reason to doubt that your degree will not be recognised, then by all means cross check with with NARIC before applying.