ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! I can not book my citizenship appointment!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dale36
Newly Registered

Help! I can not book my citizenship appointment!

Post by dale36 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:13 pm

I received a letter of approval for citizenship on 2nd of Feb. Since then, I have tried calling the Birmingham City council numerous, numerous, numerous times. The answering machine gives you an email address. I have emailed them twice. I have called the birmingham switch board, the home office, have written to my local MP, I have also written an email of complaint to the City Council. No replies yet. My 90 days is fast approaching and I am beyond frusterated that I can not book my appointment. Anyone else have had this problem??? what should I do?

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm

why don't you try a different council!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:41 pm

dale36, that is disappointing to hear. Suggestion .... can you easily get into the city centre, to the Council House? If so I suggest you call in, and ask to speak to the Citizenship Ceremony team ..... explain the problem ... and refuse to leave until they have seen you.
John

dale36
Newly Registered

Post by dale36 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Thanks--Yes, I have a plan to go in person during my Easter holidays--as a teacher I don't really get time off during the week to do this. I thought I would go in person and exactly, try not to leave until someone can sort me out. I can't go to another council however because my letter of approval tells me I must report to Birmingham City council. Unless really that is not true...I might call Sandwell or Dudley and see if they can help. Any other ideas, do let me know! :)

JulesN19

Post by JulesN19 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 pm

My letter from the Home Office indicates that if I do not receive a letter of invitation to a citizenship ceremony within two weeks of the date of the letter, then I should call the Home Office on 0845 010 5200. You should call this number to ask why you have not heard from Birmingham Council regarding your ceremony. The Home Office should be able to arrange to have a new invitation sent.