ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings: Presence in UK for less than a month

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_aspirant_del

Previous Earnings: Presence in UK for less than a month

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 am

In my Tier 1 application I have submitted salary slips for the same company in Indian currency from 1st Feb 2009 to 31st Jan 2010. I went to UK two times in this period for the same company.

My confusion is that will it affect if I dont claim my earnings in UK?

-------------------------------------

My TimeLines:

Applied on : 23rd Feb 2010 VFS Delhi
Application Despatched to BHC Delhi on 23rd Feb 2010.
Status changed on 28th Feb 2010
Approved on: Not Yet
Last edited by tier1_aspirant_del on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Can seniors please respond? If anybody have a idea then it would be very helpful for me.

My TimeLines:

Application Dispatched to BHC Delhi on 23rd Feb 2010.
Under Process Status changed on 28th Feb 2010

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Review points 129 to 131 in tier1 general guidance form
Regards,
vks

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:31 am

okay
Last edited by tier1_aspirant_del on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:hi vks,

I read that but it did not provide any clear insight to me. I was not paid in UK during my UK trip as I was only given perdiem allowance in a separate GBP travel card. But i was physically present in UK on Tier 2 work permit while I was getting salary in Indian currency in India.

The point 130 confuses me. What will be valid for my case - Physical presence in UK or salary in Indian currency in India (Taking into account that I was there for less than a month).

>> The country in which the applicant has 130. physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

Thanks
Regards,
vks

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:02 am

Hi vks. Thanks for the clarification.
Last edited by tier1_aspirant_del on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vks

Post by vks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi vks. Thanks for the clarification. But I have submitted only indian payslips along with bank statements.

Does this mean my Tier 1 Visa will get rejected? And then next time what should I do for the period I remained in UK? (As I don't have any proof for it and was given only perdiem allowance in a separate GBP Travel Card)

My problem is that I was there for less than a month both times and Indian payslips show full month salary. How can I separate it out for few days in a month like 1st Jan 2010 to 16th Jan 2010 in Indian salary and then 17th Jan 2010 to 31st Jan 2010 in UK?

Regards,
If you do not have proof, then don't count those months. You can show 12 consecutive months out of last 15 months. There are some inherent problems such as uplift ration when you show the income for the months that you were in UK. The multiplication factor does not apply for the months that you were in UK
Regards,
vks

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi vks, thanks for the reply.

My TimeLines:

Under process Status changed on 28th Feb 2010
Last edited by tier1_aspirant_del on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vks

Post by vks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi vks, thanks for the reply. Please see my UK trip period during last 12 months. I was not in UK for many months but only for less than a month each time.

15th March 2009 - 4th April 2009 on Business Visa (Expired in Nov 2009)
17th Jan 2010 - 14th Feb 2010 on Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (Tier 2 visa will expire on 31st March 2010).

So this mean that I can't use uplift factor for March 09, April 09, Jan 10 and Feb 10. Is it true?

Also will my current Tier 1 Visa application get rejected because of it? (In Appendex I have added all last 12 months salaries and uplift it by 5.3). This is really worrying me too much.

Please note that even if I don't apply uplift factor for March 09, April 09 and Jan 10 in 12 submitted payslips then too I will get the same amount of PBS points for previous earnings.

My TimeLines:

Under process Status changed on 28th Feb 2010

Well, now stop worrying and pray for the best!

There are chances that these months may not be considered for earnings, provided the case worker is considerate.

Regards,
vks

nonasingh
Newly Registered

Urgent Help - uplift factor

Post by nonasingh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:18 am

I also have the same doubt and question regarding uplift factor :

I am in UK for more than 12 month on Tier-2 inter company transfer visa.

I am getting Indian Salary paid in Indian bank.

I am getting UK allowances paid in UK bank.

now as per the policy guidance (point number 129, 130) ("The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work"....)means I was in UK for last 12 month so no matter where I have received the salary and in which currency , uplift factor will not be applied ? but when you enter the salary in PBS calculator and it asked in which country and currency you received and it does not ask anything about uplift but when you enter the salary of india and allowances of UK it automatically use the uplift factor where as per policy it should not use. so here it create the conusion whether we should follow the calculator or policy ?

If anybody has recently apply for Tier-1 General Visa with similary kind of scenario please suggest me the best way so that I don't make any mistake.

Thanks in advance.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:32 am

As per policy you cannot apply uplift ratio as the physical work undertaken is in UK. I have read one thread on this forum where Tier 1 visa was rejected because of applying uplift factor for salary while being in UK on tier 2 for full year.

So if you are getting enough points without using uplift ratio then I suggest you not to apply it and also claim 5 points for UK experience to meet the required points.

Not sure about PBS calculator. Seniors will be able to comment more about it.

vks

Re: Urgent Help - uplift factor

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:41 am

nonasingh wrote:I also have the same doubt and question regarding uplift factor :

I am in UK for more than 12 month on Tier-2 inter company transfer visa.

I am getting Indian Salary paid in Indian bank.

I am getting UK allowances paid in UK bank.

now as per the policy guidance (point number 129, 130) ("The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work"....)means I was in UK for last 12 month so no matter where I have received the salary and in which currency , uplift factor will not be applied ? but when you enter the salary in PBS calculator and it asked in which country and currency you received and it does not ask anything about uplift but when you enter the salary of india and allowances of UK it automatically use the uplift factor where as per policy it should not use. so here it create the conusion whether we should follow the calculator or policy ?

If anybody has recently apply for Tier-1 General Visa with similary kind of scenario please suggest me the best way so that I don't make any mistake.

Thanks in advance.
Read my FAQ
Regards,
vks

nonasingh
Newly Registered

Post by nonasingh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks vks !

I have already gone through the policy and read your FAQ also but now I am thinking how should I apply..

Since I am permanent employee of indian company and I am in UK on deputation so in this case can I just use indian salary and let the PBS calculator decide the uplift ration if applicable ?

I do not want show UK allowances as those allowances are not taxable, please correct me if I am wrong ?

Thanks again !

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 pm

nonasingh wrote:Thanks vks !

I have already gone through the policy and read your FAQ also but now I am thinking how should I apply..

Since I am permanent employee of indian company and I am in UK on deputation so in this case can I just use indian salary and let the PBS calculator decide the uplift ration if applicable ?

I do not want show UK allowances as those allowances are not taxable, please correct me if I am wrong ?

Thanks again !
Mind you that you can't apply uplift ratio in your scenario!
Regards,
vks

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:16 pm

nonasingh wrote:Thanks vks !

Thanks again !
You can include UK allowance in your previous earnings. If you search the forum then you will find numerous examples for your case.

This is what I think you can do (I am assuming that you are getting your UK allowance on a monthly basis in a bank account)

i) Take 12 months Indian salary slips and bank statement. Don't apply any uplift factor for it.

ii) Take 12 months UK allowance bank statement. Also take a letter from your employer mentioning your allowance for every month of last 12 months (Read policy guideline for a salary letter from employer). If you get monthly salary slips for your UK allowance then get all 12 months UK allowance salary slips signed and stamped from your employer.

Make a separate cover letter for your earnings including both and mention both points (i) and (ii) very clearly in your cover letter.

Keep in mind that you need to submit two proofs of earnings from two independent sources. So try to get either letter or monthly payslips from your employer for your UK allowance.