ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it better to switch to the British Law from eu Law

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashrafman

is it better to switch to the British Law from eu Law

Post by ashrafman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:27 am

Hi there,

Thank you for all your efforts in this Forum.

I am from Russia and My wife from Estonia we been Marrid in January 2007.

I got 5 Years Resident.

my wife arrived to UK in April 2005.

is it Better for me if my wife applied for British Citizen in April 2011?
and if she got the British Nationalty could I switch to the British Law and apply for the Permnant Resident according to the British Law because we been together More than 2 Years.

what is the best way for me to get the Permnant Resident before July 2011 because as every one Know that the Earned Poiint System will start after this Date and I want to avoid it.

Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:54 pm

You cannot get PR before July 2011 under the EU or UK route because:

You are currently in the UK under EU law which = 5 years of residence before PR = Jan 2012

If your wife naturalizes as Brit by April-June 2011 and you switch to the UK route your residence clock is reset to zero (time spent under the EU route is voided). Which means at least 2 more years of residence under UK rules (bringing you to July 2013) and then, with the new laws, probationary citizenship... and on and on.

My advice? Stay put under the EU route. At least you are guaranteed PR in Jan 2012 provided you qualify. Acquiring British Citizenship after that depends on what the new laws in July 2011 stipulate.

ashrafman

Post by ashrafman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:14 am

thanks Plum70 for your reply.

Just one things I would like you to help me,
can my wife apply for the British citizen and I stay in the Eu law?

what will happen to my case if My wife got the British citizen before I get the Permnant resident?

Thanks