ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Tier 1 work visa doubt - please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucky3
Newly Registered

Uk Tier 1 work visa doubt - please help

Post by lucky3 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General VISA in next 2 months. I have done M.Tech, had around 3 years of exp in MNC and qualify for it.
My important doubt is can I search for job in UK by staying in India? I was paid decent amount here (6lacs), so thinking of searching for the job being here.

Other thing is I was told like it will cost me 50k to get VISA (embassy charges) and extra 90k (for consultancy charges). Seems 90k is too high as consultancy charges. Are there any good consultancies charge less and ensure me VISA? And is the VISA cost is 50k or more than that?

Thanks in Advance

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Uk Tier 1 work visa doubt - please help

Post by dima » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:38 pm

lucky3 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General VISA in next 2 months. I have done M.Tech, had around 3 years of exp in MNC and qualify for it.
My important doubt is can I search for job in UK by staying in India? I was paid decent amount here (6lacs), so thinking of searching for the job being here.

Other thing is I was told like it will cost me 50k to get VISA (embassy charges) and extra 90k (for consultancy charges). Seems 90k is too high as consultancy charges. Are there any good consultancies charge less and ensure me VISA? And is the VISA cost is 50k or more than that?

Thanks in Advance
Well, good enough. I suggest you don need to hire a consultant. The UKBA site has all the relavent info in good simple English and this forum is very helpful in guiding the new Tier1 aspirants and this site is well appreciated.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks a lot dima for your quick response. Can you help me with my other concern that "can I search for job in UK by staying in India?" as I have decent job here till I get job in UK.
Whats your view on UK current software job scenario? Thanks a lot for response.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:44 pm

lucky3 wrote:Thanks a lot dima for your quick response. Can you help me with my other concern that "can I search for job in UK by staying in India?" as I have decent job here till I get job in UK.
Whats your view on UK current software job scenario? Thanks a lot for response.
hahaha... thats a "Milion Dollar(oops Pounds :roll: ) question". As as you say You can only try!!! and there are chances of getting through depending on your field of work. But, you need to be in the UK to get a better hold on the market. Anyways, in which tech are you in?.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:51 pm

:) I am into Information Technology field and am a software developer. So will this field is any exception to get job being in India? Thank you dima.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Re: Uk Tier 1 work visa doubt - please help

Post by ~busybee~ » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm

lucky3 wrote:Hi,

Thanks in Advance
You can apply for Tier 1 visa yoursef, thats what I did and I got it!
You do not need the services of an immigration consultant!

anaganis
Newly Registered

Post by anaganis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi,

That's right, you can apply your own with out consulting any agency. you can get all the requied information in UK Boreder Agency website.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

Thanks

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Thank you busybee and anaganis. Can you please comment on my other doubt "can I search for job in UK by staying in India?" as I have decent job here till I get job in UK.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:13 pm

lucky3 wrote::) I am into Information Technology field and am a software developer. So will this field is any exception to get job being in India? Thank you dima.
This is indeed very subjective, depending on your work exp and other skills like how you market yourself. & your skil set. :D. Having said this, I am not neglecting the fact you can get through the interviews sitting safely in India. I mean, If you can do it from here, you can as well do it from India :wink: . But, there are lot many minute details which we need to consider in these 2 options.Personally I feel you need to be in the UK to know in depth market in here and explore it completely.

Good luck.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:18 pm

If you have SPECIALIZED skillset then you might ... imagine ... company wanting a guy sitting in india and they have never seen him and still want to hire .. for that you need to have skill not easily available.

my IT company currently advertised for Java job with 8 years experience with dozens of other skills ... got 100 resume in 2 days .... just a tip.

Again ... market is improving ... mst of the skillset is provided by Outsourcing companies ... so ... tricky ...

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 am

Thank you dima and pkumar. My skill sets are Java, perl, shell scripting, linux/AIX with 3 years of exp. How do you feel the market is now for this skill set? Thanks a lot for prompt responses .... I am in product development team here and had systems (like bladecenters, switches, storage) side knowledge aswell. Will this make any difference for searching job in UK?

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Java, Perl, Unix has now become a baseline .... it's like having bachelors ... so now .. you will never see just j2ee, java as the only requirement .. there will be 1-3 very specific things they ask .. such as banking experience, etc

I would say search in joserve.com .... and see how many jobs you fit ... IMP NOTE: make sure to read "essential" section in job requirement ... not just generic skillset like j2ee, java, unix.....

you have only 3 years of experience ... many people are 4-5 years or above ...

but again .. if you are good ..sharp .... then i don't see why u will not find job .. but sitting from india and getting it would be little tricky....

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:04 am

Thanks a lot pkumar. It was very useful suggestion for me. Do you suggest me any other skillset to improve? Basically I am from product development team and not from services team. So far I have never worked on client projects or interacted with clients. I am working on in-house product development.

So will it be difficult for me to get job there? Are there (UK) enough opportunities for people worked on product development? I will visit those sites as you have suggested. Please give your views on above ...