ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent: Totally Confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonie
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependent: Totally Confused

Post by nonie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:04 am

Hi...

I got my tier 1 (general) visa last week and now I am planning to apply for a dependent visa for my wife. My visa is valid from May 1, 2010 and that is when we both intend to travel to the UK. I have done a lot of reading about the requirements for my wife's dependent visa but I am totally confused on the following:

1) How much maintenance funds do I need to show in her application? I showed GBP2800 for my own application earlier. Now do I need to show GBP 1600 apart from those 2800 or can I submit the same bank statements for her as well? At some places i see that I need to show GBP2800+GBP1600... at other I see that it is GBP 1600+GBP800... Please advice

2) Documents required - Marriage Certificate, sponsor letter, bank statements... thats all... I am correct?

3) In my application I had mentioned that my wife will not be travelling with me. But now in my wife's dependent application form, we will be mentioning that she will be travelling with me. Will this go against us?

Please help me out....

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent: Totally Confused

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 am

1. It is 800+1600£
Family member of a Tier 1 Migrant
If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom 40. for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.
If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family 41. member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
PBS (D) Guidance - page 10
PBS (Dependant) Policy guidance
For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application 42. at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).
2. Do more search there are more documents like your copy of passport with visa, Maintenance funds etc..

3. It is ok, in the sponser letter you mention that due to change in circumstances she has to join you immediately so applying now etc..