ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHANGE OF WORKING VISA STATUS FROM WP TO HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enm1sg

CHANGE OF WORKING VISA STATUS FROM WP TO HSMP

Post by enm1sg » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:34 pm

Hi ,

I am working in the UK on work permit basis and have the five years working visa stamped on my passport

Now I am applying for HSMP . if my HSMP application is approved , then I have to again apply for further leave to remain and as I have leave to remain under work permit catagoy for five years ending 2011 .

IF i have to apply for new leave to remain after HSMP approval then if it will be for five years or for initially one years . Then what will happen to my earlier leave to remain for five years

pl. confused and help me in this matter .

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:41 pm

IF i have to apply for new leave to remain after HSMP approval then if it will be for five years or for initially one years . Then what will happen to my earlier leave to remain for five years
Assuming you have your HSMP approval and you apply for FLR, you will get leave to remain initially for a year. Your previous leave to remain until 2011 will no longer be valid.

To take an example
Lets say you applied for FLR based on HSMP in March 2006, your visa will only be valid until March 2007. You will not be able to use the leave to remain on your work permit as your new visa will supercede it.
Then in March 2007 you will apply for an extension for which you will get another 3 years.

enm1sg

wHAT HAPPEN TO MY SPOUSE FLR

Post by enm1sg » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:26 pm

MY SPOUSE ALSO HAVE FIVE YEAR FLR UNDER DEPENDABLE VISA UNDER MY WP ARRANGEMENT . IF I SWITCH TO HSMP CATAGORY AND WILL GET INITIALLY ONE YERAR VISA AFTE NULLIFYING MY FIVE YEAR WP VISA . THEN MY SPOUSE ALSO HAVE TO SWITCH TO ONE YEAR HSMP DEPENDABLE VISA FROM FIVE YEAR WP DENDABLE VISA .

PL. GUIDE

WITH REGARDS

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Yes that is correct. You will have to submit her passport and she will also get a one year dependent visa that supercedes and nullifies your exiting WP visa. Not sure what guidance you are asking for? There is no other way around it. Visas based on HSMP are intially for one year only.

BTW - It would be nice if you dont type in CAPS. Its considered rude and akin to shouting.