ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Job in the first Year of HSMP visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gagan
Newly Registered

No Job in the first Year of HSMP visa?

Post by gagan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:54 pm

Hi
This is my first query here.

I wish to come to UK under HSMP scheme.
But before applying i have few queries to ask?

Let say i have got the HSMP approval & i am in UK.
Now say during the entire first year god forbid i am jobless.

So obviously my financial status has been inactive.

What are the chances of getting the 3 year extension in this case?

Also inspite of being jobless i m able to show some where around 30,000 pounds in my account. Will it brighten my chances of getting 3 year extension.
Waiting for reply

Thanx & Regards
gagan :roll:

tvt

Post by tvt » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:28 pm

The £30,000 deposit will only satisfy the requirement that you are able to maintain yourself without recourse to public funds. However, this cannot satisfy the requirement that you are economic active. It will be very difficult to prove that you are economic active if you are unemployed for one year.

You may be interested in opening a business in the UK with your big savings.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:32 pm

IMHO, you will not get a 3 year but a 1 year extension. People with low savings but regular jobs will have no problems with a 3 year extension but the reverse does not hold ground as we have seen from various people who have reported back their experience.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:37 pm

gagan, I agree with the comments above. But surely you can get a job .... any job! Just get any job to show that you are economically active.
John

gagan
Newly Registered

Post by gagan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:12 am

John wrote:gagan, I agree with the comments above. But surely you can get a job .... any job! Just get any job to show that you are economically active.
Hi
Thanx everybody for the suggestions.

I am taking the worst case scenario of being jobless for 1 year.

Now let say i get a job which is not of my field for ex: i am a software professional but i get a job in the marketing field + i am also showing 30000 pounds in my account.

Now what r the chances of getting the 3 year extension.

Waiting for suggestions

Thanx & Regards
gagan
:roll:

gagan
Newly Registered

Post by gagan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:16 am

Hi
I must also say that everybody here who replies to queries is doing a wonder ful job by solving issures & queries of HSMP aspirants.

My best regards to all.
gagan

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:10 am

The requirements for an extension of stay under the HSMP, for an applicant who entered the UK as an HSMP participant are set out in paragraph 135D of HC 395. All these requirements must be referred to when reading the following advice.
These specify that the applicant must:
  • Have taken all reasonable steps to become lawfully economically active in the UK in employment, self-employment or a combination of both; and
  • Intend to make the UK his main home; and
  • Be able to maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
The above is a quote from this guidance for the staff dealing with applications such as yours.

So have you indeed "taken all reasonable steps to become lawfully economically active"? Blunt question ..... how would you go about proving that?

Note the absense of any specific requirement for you to get a job in your particular speciality. Clearly that is preferable but surely any job is better than none.

The £30000 you mention .... clearly that shows that there will be no need to claim certain Public Funds ... but that is not the only test!
John