ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Jerryanderson wrote:do we have to pay for just normal ceremony as well?
You have already paid for the normal ceremony as part of the citizenship application.

Regards - Spartac

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm

global gypsy wrote:
Spartac wrote:
global gypsy wrote:I called them this morning, and was told my application reached them as of yesterday, i.e. 8th March.
They suggested I call them again in a week's time if I have not recd any further updates as of then.
That puts your application at par with mine.
Yes, we two seem to be running neck-and-neck...
Would be interesting to find out who makes it to the finishing line first :)
Bit of an update. Called the IPS in the morning to be told that our applications were under examination and I'd just have to wait. However there was a query regarding the way my son's name was spelled. So I got transferred to the Durham Regional Office handling our applications, which was the most useful conversation I have had with IPS so far. I was able to resolve the spelling issue with them on the phone and also got told that our interview letters had been dispatched today.

Almost there.....

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Brightest Star wrote:Guys, does the HO sends the application received ackldgmnt letter via 1st class or 2nd class post??
2ND CLASS
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi All,

I phoned up this afternoon and got through to a nice lady who looked up my application - she asked for my HO number and I said I haven't got one but in fact she was referring to the ref number on my acknowledgement letter!

As soon as I gave her the ref. she looked it up and asked me for my full name and DOB. After that she said that it's awaiting allocation to a caseworker. She said that it was now with the caseworking team and just waiting for a caseworker to pick it up.

Maybe another 2 weeks wait then! I plan to give them a ring again same time next week if I've not got any letters by then. At least initial checks have been completed which is good!

What's the timeline been like between awaiting caseworker allocation and actually getting allocated and approved when others have rang in the past?

Thanks!

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Spartac wrote:Bit of an update. Called the IPS in the morning
also got told that our interview letters had been dispatched today.

Almost there.....
Spartac, after reading your post I decided to give IPS a call...they told me my interview letter has also been sent out!

As I said, neck and neck...!

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 pm

global gypsy wrote:
Spartac wrote:Bit of an update. Called the IPS in the morning
also got told that our interview letters had been dispatched today.

Almost there.....
Spartac, after reading your post I decided to give IPS a call...they told me my interview letter has also been sent out!

As I said, neck and neck...!
Way ahead of you mate. Already booked my interview for Saturday morning! You can get you interview reference number on the phone.

Call them up again, get you interview reference number from them and book your interview at 0300 222 1000.

Regards - Spartac

gg234

Post by gg234 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Guys i have one question regarding my supporting documents return when i apply for passport

If i choose to send my documents through secure delivery i need to pay extra £3 (i am planning to send through check & send service) to post office guys is it correct

Total fee

£77.50 + £8 + £3 = £88.50

Am i correct or missing something

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:06 pm

you pay £ 8 for for check and send service which include the posting.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/c ... d=19300211

gg234 wrote:Guys i have one question regarding my supporting documents return when i apply for passport

If i choose to send my documents through secure delivery i need to pay extra £3 (i am planning to send through check & send service) to post office guys is it correct

Total fee

gg234

Post by gg234 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Sorry i was not clear on my previous post what i meant was if i select return documents from IPS through secure delivery i need to pay extra £3

Message from the following link

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174109

IPS can also return your supporting documents by Secure Delivery for an extra fee of £3.
Eskar wrote:you pay £ 8 for for check and send service which include the posting.

gg234 wrote:Guys i have one question regarding my supporting documents return when i apply for passport

Total fee

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:22 pm

well good questions, even i do not know. it was advised to pay extra 3 quid for getting docs by secuired delivery. does it mean if you do not pay extra £3 then it would be send by normal delivery.

i guess someone who already got his passport he could give you the proper answer.

gg234 wrote:Sorry i was not clear on my previous post what i meant was if i select return documents from IPS through secure delivery i need to pay extra £3

Message from the following link

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174109

IPS can also return your supporting documents by Secure Delivery for an extra fee of £3.
Eskar wrote:you pay £ 8 for for check and send service which include the posting.

Total fee

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Total fee

Yes, that's correct.
I just went thru this process just last week, and the above total amount is exactly what I paid.
By the way, when you use check and send you can pay the entire amount at the post office itself, which could make the process a bit faster.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Spartac wrote:Way ahead of you mate. Already booked my interview for Saturday morning! You can get you interview reference number on the phone.
Call them up again, get you interview reference number from them and book your interview at 0300 222 1000.
Blimey, wish I had this info when I called them today!
Thanks, will try and get the interview scheduled soon.

gg234

Post by gg234 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Thank you guys
global gypsy wrote:

Total fee

Yes, that's correct.
I just went thru this process just last week, and the above total amount is exactly what I paid.
By the way, when you use check and send you can pay the entire amount at the post office itself, which could make the process a bit faster.

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:46 pm

So once docs are sent thru check & send service, can one call IPS and arrange for an interview? is this what I am reading here ?. Please advise. Thanks

Regards,

gg234 wrote:Thank you guys
global gypsy wrote:

Total fee

Yes, that's correct.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:31 pm

London102 wrote:So once docs are sent thru check & send service, can one call IPS and arrange for an interview? is this what I am reading here ?. Please advise. Thanks

Regards,
The IPS has to clear your application before they write to you inviting you for an interview. The letter states a reference number that you have to use when you call the interview phoneline.

Regards - Spartac

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Spartac wrote:Way ahead of you mate. Already booked my interview for Saturday morning! You can get you interview reference number on the phone.
Spartac, I got the ref no. and called the interview line. Got an appointment for tomorrow (Friday)!

Which means I just may be inching ahead of you... :)

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:21 pm

spartac & global gypsy,

Can you please write a little more details here about how to get early interview as I may be needing this due to business plans. This will help be acquiring passport before I travel, else I will have to come back from trip and then apply. Please advise. Thanks
global gypsy wrote:
Spartac, I got the ref no. and called the interview line. Got an appointment for tomorrow (Friday)!

London102

Passport Application & Interview

Post by London102 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm

I thought I should be more clear on the matter that I am seeking advice on. To summarize the passport application discussion made so far :

1. 0300 222 0000 is the telephone number to call for update after passport application is sent through check & send service.

2. 0300 222 1000 is the number to call for an interview appointment once application is cleared and an interview refernce number is issued.

A quick and dumb question to perhaps spartac and global gypsy,

a: is 0300 222 1000 a centralised number for all passport offices in the UK or is it specific to a particular region ?

b: If the above number is central switchboard, then do they have access to the interview diary of all regional passport offices; Can an interview be arranged or booked with any regional passport office where a slot is availble?

I will appreciate your words on this. Thanks

Regards

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:15 pm

global gypsy wrote:

Great, I hope your interview letter has been delivered as you will have to take it with you for the interview.

I havent got mine yet and hping I get it tomorrow before my interview on Saturday.

Spartac

Re: Passport Application & Interview

Post by Spartac » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

London102 wrote:I thought I should be more clear on the matter that I am seeking advice on. To summarize the passport application discussion made so far :

1. 0300 222 0000 is the telephone number to call for update after passport application is sent through check & send service.

2. 0300 222 1000 is the number to call for an interview appointment once application is cleared and an interview refernce number is issued.

A quick and dumb question to perhaps spartac and global gypsy,

a: is 0300 222 1000 a centralised number for all passport offices in the UK or is it specific to a particular region ?

b: If the above number is central switchboard, then do they have access to the interview diary of all regional passport offices; Can an interview be arranged or booked with any regional passport office where a slot is availble?

I will appreciate your words on this. Thanks

Regards
Once you have applied for your passport, keep calling the main IPS number - 0300 222 0000 - to check the status of your application.

Once the confirm the letter has been issued, ask for the reference number.

Call the IPS interview appointment number - 0300 222 1000 - to book yur appointment. You can select the nearest location, but make sure you allow a couple of days to ensure you do have your letter in hand as you need it for the interview.

Hope that helps.

Regards - Spartac

London102

Re: Passport Application & Interview

Post by London102 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Wonderful....

spartac, you are great.

Regards,

Spartac wrote:
Once you have applied for your passport, keep calling the main IPS number - 0300 222 0000 - to check the status of your application.

Once the confirm the letter has been issued, ask for the reference number.

Call the IPS interview appointment number - 0300 222 1000 - to book yur appointment. You can select the nearest location, but make sure you allow a couple of days to ensure you do have your letter in hand as you need it for the interview.

Hope that helps.

Regards - Spartac

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Spartac wrote:Great, I hope your interview letter has been delivered as you will have to take it with you for the interview.

I havent got mine yet and hping I get it tomorrow before my interview on Saturday.
I asked them specifically about this point when I booked my interview. The lady told me the letter is not essential, but we do need to take along the interview reference number.

I guess I will find out tomorrow at the interview!

London102, Spartac has answered your query. The point about whether we need the interview letter in hand I can confirm by tomorrow.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:27 pm

global gypsy wrote:
Spartac wrote:Great, I hope your interview letter has been delivered as you will have to take it with you for the interview.

I asked them specifically about this point when I booked my interview. The lady told me the letter is not essential, but we do need to take along the interview reference number.

I guess I will find out tomorrow at the interview!

London102, Spartac has answered your query. The point about whether we need the interview letter in hand I can confirm by tomorrow.
Thanks global gypsy. A bit relieved to hear that letter isnt essential.

Please do let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Best of luck

Regards - Spartac

navnas

Post by navnas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi Guys ,

update : i have called HO and they told me that my application has been considered and a decision has been made today .... when i asked him if its a good or bad news then he told me that he doesn't have access to this info and i should get the letter within 10 working days ....

really worried now as to what will be the outcome ....

one thing can't understand is howcome they dont have access to the outcme info ....or is this their policy not to tell ?

will appreciate if you guys can share your experiences on this and normally how long it takes actually to get the decision letter ??

is it worth if i call my council to see if they got any thing for me ??

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:52 pm

navnas wrote:Hi Guys ,

update : i have called HO and they told me that my application has been considered and a decision has been made today .... when i asked him if its a good or bad news then he told me that he doesn't have access to this info and i should get the letter within 10 working days ....

really worried now as to what will be the outcome ....

one thing can't understand is howcome they dont have access to the outcme info ....or is this their policy not to tell ?

will appreciate if you guys can share your experiences on this and normally how long it takes actually to get the decision letter ??

is it worth if i call my council to see if they got any thing for me ??
Could you please tell us your timeline?

Thanks
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.