ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ngkumar
Newly Registered

Can I travel Abroad

Post by ngkumar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi All,

I hv a quick question. Can I travel india on my indian passport between the Natuaralisation cermony and applying for british passport.

Or will my indian passport become void once i get my natuaralisation approval letter.

Cheers,
Kumar

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Technically it will be void once you have attended the naturalisation ceremony, for it is at this point that you become a British citizen, and since India does not (in general) allow its citizens also to be citizens of another country, you will cease to be an Indian citizen then.

In all probablity you'd get away with using your Indian passport after that, but that is hardly to be recommendedl and it might in theory cause problems.