ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply student visa for sept session in July?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

focusatme
Newly Registered

can i apply student visa for sept session in July?

Post by focusatme » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:08 pm

hi,
i am on PSW which is expring in July 2010, luking forward to switch into Teir4(student) but i am wondering can i apply for september session and if univiersity accepts me , will h/o will still issue me a visa for september session as my currnt visa is expring on july2010 and i be doing nothing till 24ht of setptmber.
or do i need to leave UK and apply from back home?
anyy suggestion will be appreciated.
thanx :D

tonny
Newly Registered

Post by tonny » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:21 pm

i am afraid you might have to travel back home for one month and come back a month before your course starts.. With the new H.O guidelines i guess you cannot stay in the country if your last course, and in your case your PSW has a gap of more than one calendar month with your prospective course....... you might need to check on H.O website for more info.. thnx.

focusatme
Newly Registered

Post by focusatme » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm

thanks tony

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi, my visa is expiring in july, and my course will finish on 31 march. I shall get admission in Uni in april and classes will start in july. My understanding is Home office requires if a course finish I can give maximum of three months gap in starting new course (in my case new course is starting in july). m i right? or i have to leave the country?
M W ALI

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 pm

I have a question about when can I apply for student visa -tier4 and typically what period is it stamped for ?
my course starts in Sept 15-2010, and runs till Sept 15 the next year -2011.
Can I apply now in march-april ?
Also, if the visa is stamped for sept onwards, and I want to travel to Uk before that in july-aug to visit my spouse, how should I go ? Using a tourist visa ?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 am

tonny wrote:i am afraid you might have to travel back home for one month and come back a month before your course starts.. With the new H.O guidelines i guess you cannot stay in the country if your last course, and in your case your PSW has a gap of more than one calendar month with your prospective course....... you might need to check on H.O website for more info.. thnx.
Nice reply. Good ONE. :P
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.