ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arianharry
Newly Registered

Need Urgent Help

Post by arianharry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 am

Hii Guys ,

I got a very serious query so plz help me out.

I went to the vfs office today for submittin my Tier-1 application and they told me that the visa fee got changed to INR 50650.
So i rushed to the bank and made a new draft after cancelling the previous one. And i told these bank idiots that first deposit my old amount of draft (54000) and than make the new draft, so that i shudnt go below 2800 GBP.

And these guys made the usual way, money got deducted 1st and than it got deposited.
So within 1 hr my balance went to 2, 0 4000 and than again back to 2,50000.

So now a serious doubt has come. As per todays exchange at oanda.com IGBP= 69 INR so as per it, m still above 2800 GBP.

But if i take last month GBP rate, it has shooted to 74 INR and acc to it i am less by 1000 Rs for just 1 hr.

So can anybdy calrify will it make any difference in my application?
Which date to use while calculating the INR equivalent of GBP 2800?

Guys plz shoot ur replies.
Thanks

h @rry

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:04 am

One more thing to add...

I have shown my 4months bank statements and Letter from bank stating that since 15th Oct 2009 to 5th March 2010 my balance had always been sufficiently more than 2800 GBP.

Thanks

Hoping a sooner reply.

h @rry

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 am

For maintenance funds..

Exchange rate on the DATE of APPLICATION is taken into consideration so even if the fees is deducted first and deposited later will not cause any problems as the bankstatements which are within 1mnoth old are already submitted.. you are fine. mate

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Need Urgent Help

Post by dima » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 am

arianharry wrote:Hii Guys ,

I got a very serious query so plz help me out.

I went to the vfs office today for submittin my Tier-1 application and they told me that the visa fee got changed to INR 50650.
So i rushed to the bank and made a new draft after cancelling the previous one. And i told these bank idiots that first deposit my old amount of draft (54000) and than make the new draft, so that i shudnt go below 2800 GBP.

And these guys made the usual way, money got deducted 1st and than it got deposited.
So within 1 hr my balance went to 2, 0 4000 and than again back to 2,50000.

So now a serious doubt has come. As per todays exchange at oanda.com IGBP= 69 INR so as per it, m still above 2800 GBP.

But if i take last month GBP rate, it has shooted to 74 INR and acc to it i am less by 1000 Rs for just 1 hr.

So can anybdy calrify will it make any difference in my application?
Which date to use while calculating the INR equivalent of GBP 2800?

Guys plz shoot ur replies.
Thanks

h @rry
OH.. after reading your post for a moment I was like "OMG".
But, your Maint funds statement is already printed. so no worries. Also, as per VFS link 1GBP=75 INR( Acually in market its 68 INR). I hope You have taken care of this in your maint funds.
Good luck for your visa.
Last edited by dima on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 am

ahh thanks ramesh.
Thanks alot.

Gettin some confidence now:)
Lets hope for the best.

h @rry

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 am

Hii Dima,

That visa enquiry office guy told me that 1GBP=75INR is taken into consideration wen u r applying for visitor visa or smthing like that.

And for Tier-1 general , the exchange rate at the date of application is taken into account as pointed by tvn_ramesh. Thats y i than applied for Tier-1.

And in case they take 1GBP = 75 INR than also my 4months statement shows enough balance more than 2800 GBP..

The only issue arised yestrdy wen i went to make the new draft. These Bank guys are utterly foolish, dont consider how much the matter is imp for the person.

I was waiting since 4 months to apply, and my case is very normal, no complexities in anyways/attributes but last day took my life for a moment. Thank God atlast i submitted my application ...Hope fr the best !!! 50K on Stake jst coz a foolish mistake by bank people.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:04 pm

arianharry wrote:Hii Dima,

That visa enquiry office guy told me that 1GBP=75INR is taken into consideration wen u r applying for visitor visa or smthing like that.

And for Tier-1 general , the exchange rate at the date of application is taken into account as pointed by tvn_ramesh. Thats y i than applied for Tier-1.

And in case they take 1GBP = 75 INR than also my 4months statement shows enough balance more than 2800 GBP..

The only issue arised yestrdy wen i went to make the new draft. These Bank guys are utterly foolish, dont consider how much the matter is imp for the person.

I was waiting since 4 months to apply, and my case is very normal, no complexities in anyways/attributes but last day took my life for a moment. Thank God atlast i submitted my application ...Hope fr the best !!! 50K on Stake jst coz a foolish mistake by bank people.
Agree!!
I believe, there is a small hic from your end. If you had checked the VFS site beofre buying the DD there would be no such probs of re-doing the DD. 8)
Apparently, VFS has updated the new fee & exchange rate since 4th March 2010. :)

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 am

Thanks Dima for the reply.

Actually i had made my earlier DD some 10days back itself. So in any case i would have to re-visit the Bank for the new DD.

Anyways, lets hope for the best.

Thanks alot

h @rry