ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation necessary documents after receiving PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nagshead
Newly Registered

Naturalisation necessary documents after receiving PR

Post by nagshead » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi All,

I am a non eea citisen and my wife is from Denmark, and I already have a Permanent Residence, today I phoned the Nationality check office to ask about necessary documents and they said they needed all the documents about my wife as well as mine, even though I already have a Permanent residence. Is this right, because we have already provided all those documents and got permanent residence, and I don't see why we should provide the same documents about her? She is not appying for naturalisation anyway.

But funnly enough I have phoned another Nationality check office and they said they only need my documents, p60, employment letter etc.. So I am confused. Also my solicitor who handled the PR application thinks we don't need her documents.

So do I have to send her documents as well? Or do we just send her passport and marriage certificate and some documents about myself. I know some of these questions are unswered but I wanted to make sure exactlly what we need to send and getting different messages from people confused me.

many thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Two questions. Firstly, when you say you have your PR, what do you mean? Are you relying on the automatic provisions in the EU Directive? Or have you actually got a PR sticker? If so, when was that issued?

Secondly, have you read the form AN and Guide AN? Lots of guidance there about the required evidence. And invariably the list of required evidence is a lot less than most people think. So I question why you think that P60 or employment letter are required.
John

nagshead
Newly Registered

Post by nagshead » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi John

thanks for the reply.

I have the sticker in my passport, we made the application on aug 2008 and received the PR on jan 2010.

The guy at the nationality check office mentioned the p60 and other documents. I have looked at the AN guide and you are right there is not much required however the nationality check office person really got me confused.

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:06 pm

When did you actually get PR status in accordance with the terms of the EU Directive? That is, when was the 5th anniversary of you starting to exercise EU Treaty Rights in the UK, as your spouse's family member?

And when do you intend to apply for Naturalisation?
John

nagshead
Newly Registered

Post by nagshead » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:02 am

The date on pr sticker is jan 2010, and 5th anniversary of me starting to exercise EU Treaty Rights in the UK is july 08. We got the initial 5 year permit on 2003 which expired july 2008. I am planning to apply asap.

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:48 pm

When you applied for the PR sticker, was evidence submitted that would have made it clear that you got PR status in July 2008, under the terms of the EU Directive?

Specifically, was evidence produced that showed that your spouse was exercising EU Treaty Rights from July 2003?
John

nagshead
Newly Registered

Post by nagshead » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 pm

Yes everything was in order, we submitted all the documents,
otherwise they would not give the pr.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 pm

That being the case, given that UKBA can checked their records, I don't think you need to supply anything as regards your spouse. Just supply the very minimal supporting evidence, as mentioned in the form AN and guide AN.
John

London-er

Post by London-er » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:22 pm

nagshead wrote:The date on pr sticker is jan 2010, and 5th anniversary of me starting to exercise EU Treaty Rights in the UK is july 08. We got the initial 5 year permit on 2003 which expired july 2008. I am planning to apply asap.

Thanks.
Like you already know, you are over-due...so apply ASAP