ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drug Payment Scheme

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

astrid
Newly Registered

Drug Payment Scheme

Post by astrid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:48 pm

I am in Ireland on a green card. I am expecting to remain in Ireland for the long term, applying for citizenship on the basis of 5 years here, or marriage to an Irish citizen, depending on the timing of the dates and whichever process is simpler. That's a couple years away yet.

In the meantime, my pharmacist had me sign up for the drugs payment scheme because I have a prescription that will be in excess of 120 euro a month for about six months.

I'm not sure if I can/should make use of the drugs payment scheme. Is this something that the minister would view negatively when reviewing a citizenship application, or is it a normal day-to-day thing?

Thanks.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm

no, you are free to use drug payment scheme. it will not had a negative effect on your naturalisation. only payments like jobseekers allowance / benefit, single parent may cause negative decision

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 pm

drug payment scheme is open to every body legally living in ireland and u r free to use it but keep away from medical card
arsalan

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:06 am

Yap, it shouldn't affect you in anyway and you should make use of it.

Also, if you have seen any GP or consultant or medical treatment, you can claim tax back using Med1 form from revenue.ie.

It will not affect your application either. I've done this for lasik.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:13 pm

you can claim tax back using Med1 form from revenue.ie
but make sure if u r claiming from tax or revenue office u should have the proof purchase of medicines & GP receipts because revenue dept could ask u for proof within 5 years.
arsalan

astrid
Newly Registered

Post by astrid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks very much.

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 am

zafarzafar wrote:
you can claim tax back using Med1 form from revenue.ie
but make sure if u r claiming from tax or revenue office u should have the proof purchase of medicines & GP receipts because revenue dept could ask u for proof within 5 years.
So the Med1 claims are ok :-) I am holding it up for the time being to be on a safe side. i.e. I intend to apply for med1 after I get naturlization cert. Unless it is state clearly somewhere that it won't affect one's application.

Also, how about somebody claiming the child benefit. Hope so it should be ok as well. Is there somebody who got the naturalization whilst he/she is claiming child benefit + med1 claims for medicines bought?

Thanks