ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi navnas
Good luck. i am sure u will hear good news. The quick decision mean positive result.
Mine & yours is the same time line. I usually call them once a week only on friday so i will call them tomorrow. Pray for me as well
thanks

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi global gypsy,

Thanks very much. I look forward to hearing the information about whether or not the letter is required to be presented at interview.

Regards,

global gypsy wrote:
London102, Spartac has answered your query. The point about whether we need the interview letter in hand I can confirm by tomorrow.

zoned in
Newly Registered

hello

Post by zoned in » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

whats the number u reach HO on for naturalisation update? the number i have for them ( sent in acknowlegdement letter) is automated saying 'they are experiencing high volumes of calls. its 08450105200

AmaLondon
Newly Registered

Post by AmaLondon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:49 pm

moh30 wrote:My timeline
NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 25/02/10
Date recieved by HO: 26/02/10
CRITERIA: 5 Years+15 months
Date of debit of Card : 03/03/10
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 03/03/10
Date of receipt of approval : pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : pending

Date of passport application : pending
Method used : pending
Date for passport Interview: pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: pending

I have a question:
yesterday it came to my mind that I did an IVA "Individual Voluntary Arrangements" recorded as CCJ on my credit history back in July 2008, but in the application, I tickded that i had no civil judgements. will the IVA be considered as civil judgement and will it affect the decision on my naturalization? Please I need your help

by the way, i really forgot it otherwise i would have called the home office to ask.

Hi, I think am am also in your boat. I have a ccj for a £300 unpaid debt which I am paying off now so I am considering if I should put my application in. Please do PM and let me know how it goes with yours. I hope it all works out for you.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi, Moh30, freddfrong, yarons and brightest star!!!!!

Any updates GUYS??
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Tim555 wrote:Hi, Moh30, freddfrong, yarons and brightest star!!!!!

Any updates GUYS??
Salam Tim Bhai...no updates as of yet..haven't even received the acklgmnt letter........How its going for you??

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 am

Any updates GUYS??
Unfortunately, no updates as of yet.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:23 am

Tim55 - Might ring them up if I have time today to find out if it has reached a caseworker or if it is still just with the caseworking team awaiting allocation.

moh30
Newly Registered

Post by moh30 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:19 am

AmaLondon wrote:

Hi, I think am am also in your boat. I have a ccj for a £300 unpaid debt which I am paying off now so I am considering if I should put my application in. Please do PM and let me know how it goes with yours. I hope it all works out for you.
I suggest that you wait until i get a decision back, i didn't put mine, i think it is not very important as it is not a criminal thing to have it

zoned in
Newly Registered

Phone no for home office to check update!!!

Post by zoned in » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:01 am

[
Navnas wrote
]
update : i have called HO and they told me that my application has been considered and a decision has been made today .... when i asked him if its a good or bad news then he told me that he doesn't have access to this info and i should get the letter within 10 working days ....

please what number did u reach home office on Navnas?[/quote]
Last edited by zoned in on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

pinklover
Newly Registered

In the same boat

Post by pinklover » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:03 am

Hi all,

Well, I'm in the same boat here regarding debts..kind of race against the clock at the moment becos of my debts. I've submitted my application 3 March and still hasn't received acknowledgment as yet but checked that the fees are debited my account yesterday so hope they're dealing with it now.

My problem also concerns debt, I've missed payment for 2 months but hasn't shown on my credit file yet. Receive a threat for default notice letter saying they will default the account on 1 April, that means I need a decision before that to avoid the checks showing the default!!!

I was quite relax until I saw this from another forum, apparently they've updated the good character requirement end of Feb'10 and it does explain more in detail about what is acceptable and what is not..and according to that missed payment is a refusal..just wondering what channels of checks do they go through for that? It says via police check and other sources..
I did downloaded a copy but don't know how to upload or paste it on here unfortunately....

Can we all update each other regarding our situation?

The following is my Timeline so far:
NCS or Postal : NCS Cambridge
Date of submission or posting : 03/03/10
Date recieved by HO: 04/03/10
CRITERIA: EU Citizen, so 5 Yrs +1 ILR+ married to British Citizen
Date of debit of Card : 11/03/10
Date receipt of acknowledgement : pending
Date of receipt of approval : pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : pending

Date of passport application : pending
Method used : pending
Date for passport Interview: pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: pending

Good luck everyone!! :P

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Re: Phone no for home office to check update!!!

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:05 am

zoned in wrote:
update : i have called HO and they told me that my application has been considered and a decision has been made today .... when i asked him if its a good or bad news then he told me that he doesn't have access to this info and i should get the letter within 10 working days ....

please what number did u reach home office on Navnas?
Its 0151 672 5626 Option 3-1-2. Good Luck.
I just called this morning and told that my application was submitted only a month ago so no further information available as if now. I applied on 3rd Feb 2010 and still waiting. Expecting some approvals tomorrow as saturdays are normally the approval days according to the patterns of approvals seen here in this forumn.

zoned in
Newly Registered

Post by zoned in » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:15 am

thanks Eliasuku, i have just tried the number and its the same response as the 0845 number i had, an automated service saying they are experiencing a high volume of calls.....did u have to keep trying before u got through or is it just my luck that anytime of the day i choose to call.....they just happen to be xperiencing high volumes? :)

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:35 am

have just tried the number and its the same response as the 0845 number i had, an automated service saying they are experiencing a high volume of calls.....
Keep listening until the end of that message and then you will be given option to select.

navnas

Re: Phone no for home office to check update!!!

Post by navnas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:43 am

eliasuk4u wrote:
zoned in wrote:

please what number did u reach home office on Navnas?
Its 0151 672 5626 Option 3-1-2. Good Luck.
I just called this morning and told that my application was submitted only a month ago so no further information available as if now. I applied on 3rd Feb 2010 and still waiting. Expecting some approvals tomorrow as saturdays are normally the approval days according to the patterns of approvals seen here in this forumn.
yes its the same number as on your acknowledgment letter ...you can also press 3 while listening the automated message and then accordingly as mentioned above ... but looks like they dont like when one calls too frequently ...

navnas

Post by navnas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:45 am

citizen1000 wrote:Hi navnas
Good luck. i am sure u will hear good news. The quick decision mean positive result.
Mine & yours is the same time line. I usually call them once a week only on friday so i will call them tomorrow. Pray for me as well
thanks
do let us know when you call today ..... best of luck to all waiting including myself ...

moh30
Newly Registered

Re: In the same boat

Post by moh30 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:46 am

pinklover wrote:Hi all,

Well, I'm in the same boat here regarding debts..kind of race against the clock at the moment becos of my debts. I've submitted my application 3 March and still hasn't received acknowledgment as yet but checked that the fees are debited my account yesterday so hope they're dealing with it now.

My problem also concerns debt, I've missed payment for 2 months but hasn't shown on my credit file yet. Receive a threat for default notice letter saying they will default the account on 1 April, that means I need a decision before that to avoid the checks showing the default!!!

I was quite relax until I saw this from another forum, apparently they've updated the good character requirement end of Feb'10 and it does explain more in detail about what is acceptable and what is not..and according to that missed payment is a refusal..just wondering what channels of checks do they go through for that? It says via police check and other sources..
I did downloaded a copy but don't know how to upload or paste it on here unfortunately....
don't worry you are safe, missing payments or default means nothing to the HO.
where did u see " missing payment means refuse"? please post link here?

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am

Hi everyone
I have started to panic Now.
I applied on 10/02/2010, last week they said that its under consideration. I phoned today & they say its still under consideration & they cant say how long will it take.
People like Navnas who had applied with me were told yesterday that a decision has been made on their aplication.
NOW PANIC HAS STARTED. I WAS EXPECTING THAT THEY WILL SAY ABOUT DECISION TODAY.
I DID NOT WANT TO SAY IT EARLY BUT NOW I M THINKING ITS THE NATIONALITY OF THE APLICANT THAT DECIDES THE TIME OF PROCESS.

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:53 am

Can someone tell me how to attach a document with postings here? I'm not very technical! :oops: I've the pdf file which suppose are the guidelines for caseworkers regarding good character requirement.

Quoting from it, the bit about debts states:

7.7 Debt
7.7.1 Police enquiries, or other information, may suggest that an applicant is heavily in debt. Caseworkers should not use this as grounds for refusal if loan repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. But where an applicant deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, caseworkers should normally refuse the application.

I know it's still not 100% clear but just gets me worried! :( I'm busy negotiating with the bank for reduce payment until my situation improve and default will be probably show sometime in April on my files..just hope things still moving quickly from here?!

[/url]

moh30
Newly Registered

Post by moh30 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 am

pinklover, I just sent you a pm into your inbox, have a look

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:15 am

citizen1000 wrote:Hi everyone
I applied on 10/02/2010, last week they said that its under consideration. I phoned today & they say its still under consideration & they cant say how long will it take.
People like Navnas who had applied with me were told yesterday that a decision has been made on their aplication.
I DID NOT WANT TO SAY IT EARLY BUT NOW I M THINKING ITS THE NATIONALITY OF THE APLICANT THAT DECIDES THE TIME OF PROCESS.
I don't think there a reason to panic though I can understand where you are coming from and it's very natural and human.

The reason I say this is because your timeline is still within the norm. Some people who applied before you are still waiting. The exact timeline depends much on the caseworker the application was allocated to.
The timelines vary between 4-8 weeks so really nothing to be worried about. It's out of your hands anyway so worrying would be as useful as trying to solve a maths problem by chewing bubblegum :)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Brightest Star wrote:

Any updates GUYS??
Salam Tim Bhai...no updates as of yet..haven't even received the acklgmnt letter........How its going for you??
Wsalam bahi, no updates so of yet. I rang 2 times on wednesday. 1st at 9am and 2nd at 2pm. Lady asked me did I call earlier in the morning I said yes, just wanna to know the status of application. She said its still there no further progress.

It means everytime we ring them, they keep record of it. Does it effect our application processing time? The more we ring the more delay on our application process time :? what do u guys say about this???
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:31 pm

pinklover wrote:Can someone tell me how to attach a document with postings here? I'm not very technical! :oops: I've the pdf file which suppose are the guidelines for caseworkers regarding good character requirement.

Quoting from it, the bit about debts states:

7.7 Debt
7.7.1 Police enquiries, or other information, may suggest that an applicant is heavily in debt. Caseworkers should not use this as grounds for refusal if loan repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. But where an applicant deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, caseworkers should normally refuse the application.

I know it's still not 100% clear but just gets me worried! :( I'm busy negotiating with the bank for reduce payment until my situation improve and default will be probably show sometime in April on my files..just hope things still moving quickly from here?!

[/url]
WellDone. That would be wonderful information for all of us.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 pm

citizen1000 wrote:Hi everyone
Dont panic. You might get approval on this saturday Inshallah. Ring them on next monday. Hopefully U'll get a good news.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:33 pm

freddfrog wrote:Tim55 - Might ring them up if I have time today to find out if it has reached a caseworker or if it is still just with the caseworking team awaiting allocation.
No update from me yet. I'll ring them on next friday.