ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSU STRIKE ACTION 08/03/2010 ILR ON HOLD

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_man1

PSU STRIKE ACTION 08/03/2010 ILR ON HOLD

Post by m_man1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:54 pm

HI ALL

JUST BN TO CROYDON PEO FOR ILR EVERYTHNG WENT SMOOTH EXCEPT WAS TOLD THAT THE DECISION CANT BE REACHED COZ OF THE PSU STRIKE ACTION AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY WILL GET IN TOUCH HAS ANY 1 EXPERIENCED THE SAME ,& DOES THE STRIKE REALLY AFFECT UKBA OR IS IT JUST THAT THEY WANTED TO HOLD THE APPLICATION..... :?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Most of UK civil servants are on strike for 2 days over proposed redundancies and pay and other issues.

A lot of Government departments will be closed today and tomorrow. I'm surprised UKBA offices are still opening.

Link to prove they were telling you the truth:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8554345.stm

It would be extremely poor on their part to make up such a lie to delay your application. We need to have some faith when it comes to the UKBA :lol:

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Yes there is absolutely NO lie about it especailly CROYDON PEO, see here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ial-action

I have an appointment in Cardiff tomorrow and I am not sure if I should go or not. PEO Cardiff officers have been calling me since Thursday last week to confirm if I would be coming and I received a text message over the weekend and they did not mention about this strike....

Do you think I should attend, I am travelling from London to Cardiff?

Also, I have only worked for 3 months using my company and paying myself a salary, I have contract letters and invoices and payslip including bank statement for self and conpany for a year, do you still think I need accountant letter, when my account will only be due in May 2010.

Please advice!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm a little concerned as the inital report on the result of the vote PCS website says they may take action every week of March, although there is only these 2 days initially reported and no reports saying more to come.

Having our appointment in two weeks leaves me worried that we're going to have to dump everything and leave it which is a concern as we then have the NCS appointment a week later (and the reason for using the PEO is so I can retain my passport for work travel!)

Grrr. I knew it was all going too smoothly.

M.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:05 pm

iyanu - best to phone Cardiff PEO for advice whether or not to keep your appointment. Especially if you have far to travel.

MPH80 - hope the strike action is resolved before your appointment. Recent news reports are stating that the majority of union members aren't supporting long term action so there is hope it will last for this week only.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:42 pm

What I have noticed is tha there is no direct phone number to Cardiff PEO office or does anybody has the phone number?

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:09 pm

thanks for your valuable post just concerns me having paid the premium price....but i guess ukba are inclined to do that probably coz of the strike sure that its not a lie ...dunno how long i have to wait for the documents

wish every1 else good luck specially @ cardiff .hope its not every week 8)

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:56 pm

I have just been sent another reminder and they never said I should not come.

Hopefully things will go alright tomorrow.

Thanks all for your pieces of advice, they are encouraging.

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi,

I got reminder too, yeaterday & today. I suppose if there was massive disruption, they wouldn't ask applicants to come.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 pm

reminders!!!!!

Ive been to croydon peo today and even after attending the appointment i got nearly 8-10 emails confirming the date and time of appointment and a text message after attending confirming the time of appointment

i guess these messages are automated and doesent consider the present psu strike :roll: :?:

anyways wish all goes well with your applications

8)

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:48 pm

So m_man1 what happen to your passport and payslips and bankstatements, do they give you back or what?

Also have you paid for the service already?

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 pm

I understand the situation you are in, Hopefully, things would be fine for you.

Did you get a chance to speak to other applicants? did it happen with everybody or few of the cases got delayed?

I spoke to my solicitor, he said, it happens sometimes when they are short of services. But good thing is they decide application quite quicker when they get back to normal. Obviously considering the fact that one has paid for the premium service not for the postal one.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 am

hi iyanu

Hope things fared up well for u

i got all the documents back after having left a copy of all the other documents with the case worker .the passport and recent employer letter(original0 were kept by the case worker and rest all returned .....

hope that is of help to you also they asked if i wanted to come and collect the passport if the decision goes either way or would like them to be posted
and they asked for the mode of contact and verified the contact details to inform me of the decision

good luck iyanu 8)

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:23 pm

I had an appointment with PEO Croydon for ILR. Everything went smooth apart from the waiting time. Case worker didn't ask any question at all. Documents submitted were:

SET(O) with 2 Photos
LITUK test Certificate
2-Employer Letters
3-Payslips
3-Bank Statements
5 years P60s

I had all 5 years payslips and I told him if he needs those, But he said no.

In the end he said that my application is fine but because of the strike, they can't give decision today. Checks have to come back to them to get the decision. He gave me the time upto Monday 15 Mar. However, he said, things could be faster than given time.

So that was my experience, would love to hear guys what's the update on your cases.

smkasim
Newly Registered

Re: PSU STRIKE ACTION 08/03/2010 ILR ON HOLD

Post by smkasim » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm

My solicitor been last week for ILR and all documents are fine.
But the case worker says we need to verify further and put my app on hold.
does anyone know how long it takes for ILR

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 am

Yes, I was at Cardiff Tuesday for appointment, was told they do not have facility to print ILR but will be sent to Sheffield if/when approved.

Caseworker at the Counter called me and took all my documents and passports for initial checks, ask me to pay after he said he is ok with what I have given him but another caseworker will still have to check and approved.

Was call in by another case worker later after about 2 hours and ask me question about my P60s as I have a mix of working for different employers and self-employment( own company)

After about another two hour came out and told me they could not make any decision because of strike and that he will get back to me today.

I asked of my document but was told will still need some information back from other agencies because they are on strike he could not get it and so if approved will send my document to me and send our passports to sheffield for ILR and if not approved will send everything back to me.

Asked him if he is holding my document because he was not satisfied with my evidences but he said that no he is satisfied so far with what he had seen but will need to do security checks before he could make a decision.

Thats my story so far!
Last edited by iyanu on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

allta

Post by allta » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:33 am

Any stories from Liverpool PEO? I'm going there in 1hr time ... this is so not what I need after the 6hrs Journey from Gatwick
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

allta

Post by allta » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Just left Liverpool PEO, got my stamp and PCU strike didn't affect them.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:44 pm

The strike is over today - it was a 48 hour walkout ... now I'm watching out for more annoucements.

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Application submitted: 09 Mar, 2010

Lady from Home Office just phoned to let us know that we have been granted ILR. She further asked whether I like to collect my passports or wait for them to arrive via post.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Since this topic made it back to the top ...

Heads up for anyone going on the 24th:

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/campaigns/cscs ... et-day.cfm

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:08 pm

congrats web 2005 and sfjeelani...

sadly i havent heard anything on my application was submitted on 8th march

is someone experiencing the same anxiety as me as i am still waiting

:?:

i guess have to wait until monday and gv them a cll wat do you think guys
advice will be gr8ly appreciated

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:27 pm

m_man1 wrote:congrats web 2005 and sfjeelani...

sadly i havent heard anything on my application was submitted on 8th march

is someone experiencing the same anxiety as me as i am still waiting

:?:

i guess have to wait until monday and gv them a cll wat do you think guys
advice will be gr8ly appreciated
I can feel the pain & grief you are having m_man1.

I would suggest to give them a call around 16:30 on Monday and enquire about your case as given waiting time would be over. Considering a fact that you have paid for the premiuim service not for the postal one, this shouldn't take too long.

All the Best of Luck!!

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:52 am

Yes, I was at PEO Cardiff Tuesday (09/03/2010) for appointment, was told they do not have facility to print ILR but will be sent to Sheffield if/when approved.

Caseworker at the Counter called me and took all my documents and passports for initial checks, ask me to pay after he said he is ok with what I have given him but another caseworker will still have to check and approved.

Was call in by another case worker later after about 2 hours and ask me question about my P60s as I have a mix of working for different employers and self-employment( own company)

After about another two hour came out and told me they could not make any decision because of strike and that he will get back to me today.

I asked of my document but was told will still need some information back from other agencies because they are on strike he could not get it and so if approved will send my document to me and send our passports to Sheffield for ILR and if not approved will send everything back to me.

Asked him if he is holding my document because he was not satisfied with my evidences but he said that no he is satisfied so far with what he had seen but will need to do security checks before he could make a decision.

Thats my story so far!
I received this morning from PEO Cardiff all my documents excluding our passports.

There are two letters (ICD.2635) with CASE IDs but no names were attached.
The following were written on the letters:
Confirmation of your entitlement to remain in the United Kingdom will be endorsed in your Passport and return to you in due course.
I take this as ILR has been approved and all we are waiting for now is our passports with ILR endorsed.

So fingers cross as we wait patiently.

Document Submitted:
1 Application form SET (O) with payment details.
2 Two recent passport photographs (main applicant and dependent).
3 Current passport- 2 (main applicant, dependent)
4 Original HSMP approval letter.
5 Contract of employment letter.
6. Company Bank statements – 1 year.
7. HMR&C letter of Acknowledgement of my company tax returns period '07 & '08.(that was the last time the company traded).
8. Selfbilling Invoices & Remittance statements for the 4 months I have worked before I applied.( My tax return will only due in May 2010).
9 Bank statements – 1 year.
10 Pay slips – 1 Year.
11 P60 – 4 years.

Many thanks to all of you guys in these forum, I really appreciate all the contributions that have made this possible from getting HSMP to ILR now, since I have joined in 2005.

It really well worth it, thanks guys!
Last edited by iyanu on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bani

Post by bani » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Congratulations iyanu! I hope you get your passports back very soon. Good luck to the others still waiting.