ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complaint to the Home Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali541

Complaint to the Home Office

Post by ali541 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi. My wife took the Life in the UK test about 3 weeks ago and failed. She took it again on 8/3/2010 and passed it. It seems that when my wife failed she was very distressed as her spouse visa end date is 30th March 2010. she spoke to me saying that certain questions that came up in the test had the wrong answer than what was in the Official revision book. I rang UFI who administer the test and they said to write in. I recieved a letter back from them saying that she had breached the conditions and it was misconduct and they had informed the Home Office and it could prejudice her application.

I spoke with the Home Office and they said that seeing as it was a previous test and now she had passed it this shouldnt matter. Its basically something that wasnt intended but because my wife became distressed she spoke to me about it.

Would it be wise for me to write this in a letter and explain when i send my ILR application and what are the possibilities that they will refuse her ILR. she has the follwoing to support her application:

1. Life in the UK pass notification
2. Council Tax Bill on both my name and my Husband’s name – 2009/10 & 2010/11
3. Gas and Electricity bill with both my name and my Husband’s name
4. Letter from the Jobcentre allocating my National Insurance number
5. Letter from Successful Job application as cleaner
6. Reference from Cleaner job
7. Bank statement’s for my account
8. Joint bank statement’s With my Husband
9. Passport and my Foreign Identity card
10. My Husband’s UK passport
11. My Husband’s Birth Ceritificate and name change certificate
12. Letter from Hospital regarding appointments
13. Midwife Folder
14. Personal Character reference

bani

Post by bani » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 pm

I don't understand. Did she cause a scene at the test centre? Or is it just your letter of complaint that made UFI file a letter to the Home Office? What did you write to UFI and what did UFI tell the Home Office?

Also, add your marriage certificate to the documents.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:15 pm

ali541 wrote:she spoke to me saying that certain questions that came up in the test had the wrong answer than what was in the Official revision book. I rang UFI who administer the test and they said to write in. I recieved a letter back from them saying that she had breached the conditions and it was misconduct and they had informed the Home Office and it could prejudice her application.
Something missing in the story(?).

regards