ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Tim555 wrote:
navnas wrote:Hi Guys ,

update : i have called HO and they told me that my application has been considered and a decision has been made today .... when i asked him if its a good or bad news then he told me that he doesn't have access to this info and i should get the letter within 10 working days ....

really worried now as to what will be the outcome ....

one thing can't understand is howcome they dont have access to the outcme info ....or is this their policy not to tell ?

will appreciate if you guys can share your experiences on this and normally how long it takes actually to get the decision letter ??

is it worth if i call my council to see if they got any thing for me ??
Could you please tell us your timeline?

Thanks
Still waiting for your TIMELINE????????
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Hi, Moh30, freddfrong, yarons and brightest star!!!!!

Any updates GUYS??
Salam Tim Bhai...no updates as of yet..haven't even received the acklgmnt letter........How its going for you??
Wsalam bahi, no updates so of yet. I rang 2 times on wednesday. 1st at 9am and 2nd at 2pm. Lady asked me did I call earlier in the morning I said yes, just wanna to know the status of application. She said its still there no further progress.

It means everytime we ring them, they keep record of it. Does it effect our application processing time? The more we ring the more delay on our application process time :? what do u guys say about this???
Tim Bhai don't worry...I will suggest do not call them often or you might annoy them and neither there is an evidence which suggests that calling UKBA is in anyway directly proportional to the application processing time. This morning I received my acknwlmt and Bhai as you said last night it arrives in 2nd Class post. Personally, I haven't called them yet since the submission of my application.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 pm

citizen1000 wrote:Hi everyone
I have started to panic Now.
I applied on 10/02/2010, last week they said that its under consideration. I phoned today & they say its still under consideration & they cant say how long will it take.
People like Navnas who had applied with me were told yesterday that a decision has been made on their aplication.
NOW PANIC HAS STARTED. I WAS EXPECTING THAT THEY WILL SAY ABOUT DECISION TODAY.
I DID NOT WANT TO SAY IT EARLY BUT NOW I M THINKING ITS THE NATIONALITY OF THE APLICANT THAT DECIDES THE TIME OF PROCESS.
Citizen1000, may I ask what nationality you hold?

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi guys,

Have done some digging around and managed to find what looks to be what caseworkers would refer to as regards to the good character requirement: good character PDF

Hope this helps.

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
I applied on 10/02/2010, last week they said that its under consideration. I phoned today & they say its still under consideration & they cant say how long will it take.
People like Navnas who had applied with me were told yesterday that a decision has been made on their aplication.
I DID NOT WANT TO SAY IT EARLY BUT NOW I M THINKING ITS THE NATIONALITY OF THE APLICANT THAT DECIDES THE TIME OF PROCESS.
see PM please

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 pm

citizen1000 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
see PM please
Thanks for the PM and same here Citizen1000....I am of the same nationality and trust me our many brothers which I know of have their straightforward application approved (5-6 weeks at max) without any issues and I think it is just the fear of prejudice which plays in our mind....trust me nationality is no issues to determining the timeline for the naturalisation application. Allah will take care, don't worry.

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Brightest Star
I think you are right but lets wait for the outcome, hopefully it will be positive but this wait is very difficult.
Thanks for your comments. Although I agree with you that nationality might not have effect but at the same time also cant ignore the realities of what is happening back home.
thanks

navnas

Post by navnas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
navnas wrote:Hi Guys ,

update : i have called HO and they told me that my application has been considered and a decision has been made today .... when i asked him if its a good or bad news then he told me that he doesn't have access to this info and i should get the letter within 10 working days ....

really worried now as to what will be the outcome ....

one thing can't understand is howcome they dont have access to the outcme info ....or is this their policy not to tell ?

will appreciate if you guys can share your experiences on this and normally how long it takes actually to get the decision letter ??

is it worth if i call my council to see if they got any thing for me ??
Could you please tell us your timeline?

Thanks
Still waiting for your TIMELINE????????
hello mate ,,,

i applied on 10/02/10 recvd ack on 18th and every thing else is pending so far apart from the above update

navnas

Post by navnas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:08 pm

citizen1000 wrote:Hi Brightest Star
I think you are right but lets wait for the outcome, hopefully it will be positive but this wait is very difficult.
Thanks for your comments. Although I agree with you that nationality might not have effect but at the same time also cant ignore the realities of what is happening back home.
thanks
Hi Citizen1000 , if your case is under consideration then the case worker can make the decision any time now ...probably worth calling next week to see what they say...

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:27 pm

London102 wrote:Hi global gypsy,

Thanks very much. I look forward to hearing the information about whether or not the letter is required to be presented at interview.
global gypsy wrote: London102, Spartac has answered your query. The point about whether we need the interview letter in hand I can confirm by tomorrow.
Spartac & London102:

My interview was at 5:30pm, and I visited a friend after that, hence this late posting...

I did receive my letter this morning and took it with me to the interview. However, I couldn't find it in my bag when I got to the reception! Luckily, I had jotted down the interview reference number in my notebook, and provided the number to them based on that.

So I can confirm that you don't need to show the letter at the IPS interview office.
(Funnily enough, I found the letter stuck in a remote part of my bag on my return home!)

The interview itself went off quite well. In addition to the information you provide in the passport application form (also your ILR application, I think!), they ask you about other things that you would be expected to know, e.g. your bank accounts, whether you have mortgage etc. etc. Pretty straightforward stuff.

Since mine was the last interview of the day, we had a nice chat on various topics. I even offered some feedback, e.g. that they should include the £3 (for the safe return of our documents) as part of the standard passport application fee, rather than leaving it as an optional element. Overall quite a nice experience.

I was told I could expect to receive my passport in about a week's time.

Hope I beat Spartac to the finishing line! :)

All the best.

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi TIM, and others in the boat of waiting,
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE THE PRESSURES ON BORDER AGENCY, YOUR NATIONALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APPROVAL OR DELAY, IF YOUR APPLICATION IS RIGHT IT WILL GET APPROVED, I UNDERSTAND THE PARTICULAR NATIONALITY YOU ARE REFERING IS PAKISTANI, I AM PAKISTANI AS WELL AND HAD NO PROBLEM IN GETTING MY THINGS SORTED YET BY UKBA.

Have a good faith and dont panic, it can take upto six months but it is maximum time. you all have ILR and nobody is going to remove from this country. Every thing has a particular time to happen. If you are muslim you should know it better.
Chaudhrei

anpal
Newly Registered

my timeline

Post by anpal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:50 am

My timeline
NCS or Postal : NCS camden
Date of submission or posting : 18/02/10
Date recieved by HO: 19/02/10
CRITERIA: 5 Years+1 Yr ILR
Date of debit of Card : 23/02/10
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 25/02/10
Date of receipt of approval : 12/3/10 (dated 3rd march)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : pending

Date of passport application : pending
Method used : pending
Date for passport Interview: pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: pending

---------------------------------------------------------------------

have faith, it will happen. thanks to this forum and everyone who took the time to post on it. reading everyone's experience gives a lot of information.
Last edited by anpal on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

yarons

Re: my timeline

Post by yarons » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:59 am

anpal wrote:My timeline
Date of receipt of approval : 18/3/10 (dated 3rd march)

have faith, it will happen. thanks to this forum and everyone who took the time to post on it. reading everyone's experience gives a lot of information.
Impressive timeline, anpal. Congrats!
Can you please confirm there is a typo in your post and date of approval is 13/03 (as 18/03 is 5 days into the future :))

Also, if 25/02 was Date receipt of acknowledgement - what was the issue date on the acknowledgement letter?

Enjoy it! :)

anpal
Newly Registered

Post by anpal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:22 am

yarons wrote:

Can you please confirm there is a typo in your post and date of approval is 13/03 (as 18/03 is 5 days into the future :))

Also, if 25/02 was Date receipt of acknowledgement - what was the issue date on the acknowledgement letter?

yes sorry - typo. date of approval is 3rd march - letter received on 12th march.

it took almost 10 days for them to deliver the letter second class, and now i have only 3 days to get my ceremony booked. (in the HO letter it says book citizenship ceremony within 14 days of date of letter !)

anpal
Newly Registered

Post by anpal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 am

yarons wrote:

Also, if 25/02 was Date receipt of acknowledgement - what was the issue date on the acknowledgement letter? -

- issue date was 23rd feb.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:02 am

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Hi, Moh30, freddfrong, yarons and brightest star!!!!!

Any updates GUYS??
Salam Tim Bhai...no updates as of yet..haven't even received the acklgmnt letter........How its going for you??
Wsalam bahi, no updates so of yet. I rang 2 times on wednesday. 1st at 9am and 2nd at 2pm. Lady asked me did I call earlier in the morning I said yes, just wanna to know the status of application. She said its still there no further progress.

It means everytime we ring them, they keep record of it. Does it effect our application processing time? The more we ring the more delay on our application process time :? what do u guys say about this???
Tim Bhai don't worry...I will suggest do not call them often or you might annoy them and neither there is an evidence which suggests that calling UKBA is in anyway directly proportional to the application processing time. This morning I received my acknwlmt and Bhai as you said last night it arrives in 2nd Class post. Personally, I haven't called them yet since the submission of my application.
Thanks Star, I'm planning to call them up on next Friday. Hopefully by that time My application might have gone to caseworker :P .
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:07 am

thanks
Hi, any update? did you receive anything today?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:18 am

chaudhrei wrote:Hi TIM, and others in the boat of waiting,
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE THE PRESSURES ON BORDER AGENCY, YOUR NATIONALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APPROVAL OR DELAY, IF YOUR APPLICATION IS RIGHT IT WILL GET APPROVED, I UNDERSTAND THE PARTICULAR NATIONALITY YOU ARE REFERING IS PAKISTANI, I AM PAKISTANI AS WELL AND HAD NO PROBLEM IN GETTING MY THINGS SORTED YET BY UKBA.

Have a good faith and dont panic, it can take upto six months but it is maximum time. you all have ILR and nobody is going to remove from this country. Every thing has a particular time to happen. If you are muslim you should know it better.
Chaudhrei
Thanks Chaudhrei for your feedback, You are very right 8) . Even I'm a Pakistani National :P , I've never feel or find anythink that indicates Pakistani National applicants are facing any delay because of Pakistani Nationality :D .
On same Nationality we came UK, we progressed in our own fields, got extentions, changed visa status EVEN GOT ILRS on Pakistani Passports. We should have G :P :P D FAITH. Hopefully all Pakistani Nationals and others ( Indian, Bangolies, Sirlankens Nationals etc ) who are on waiting boat, INSHALLAH will get good news. :P :P :P

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:19 am

Date of receipt of approval : 12/3/10 (dated 3rd march)

Congrats, Nice timeline.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:47 pm

i dnt think it affect ur processing time. london 102 called almost every day even twice in a day sometimes but he got his approval on time, 35 days i suppose.

so nothing panic but be patient. calll every monday or friday.

Tim555 wrote:

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Tim555 wrote:
thanks
Hi, any update? did you receive anything today?
Hi Tim
Nothing yet.
i dont thing its gona come next week either because on friday 16:30 it was still under consideration .
i will call them next week

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Tim555 wrote:

Chaudhrei
Thanks Chaudhrei for your feedback, You are very right 8) . Even I'm a Pakistani National :P , I've never feel or find anythink that indicates Pakistani National applicants are facing any delay because of Pakistani Nationality :D .
On same Nationality we came UK, we progressed in our own fields, got extentions, changed visa status EVEN GOT ILRS on Pakistani Passports. We should have G :P :P D FAITH. Hopefully all Pakistani Nationals and others ( Indian, Bangolies, Sirlankens Nationals etc ) who are on waiting boat, INSHALLAH will get good news. :P :P :P
inshallah

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:20 pm

global gypsy wrote:Spartac & London102:

My interview was at 5:30pm, and I visited a friend after that, hence this late posting...

I did receive my letter this morning and took it with me to the interview. However, I couldn't find it in my bag when I got to the reception! Luckily, I had jotted down the interview reference number in my notebook, and provided the number to them based on that.

So I can confirm that you don't need to show the letter at the IPS interview office.
(Funnily enough, I found the letter stuck in a remote part of my bag on my return home!)

The interview itself went off quite well. In addition to the information you provide in the passport application form (also your ILR application, I think!), they ask you about other things that you would be expected to know, e.g. your bank accounts, whether you have mortgage etc. etc. Pretty straightforward stuff.

Since mine was the last interview of the day, we had a nice chat on various topics. I even offered some feedback, e.g. that they should include the £3 (for the safe return of our documents) as part of the standard passport application fee, rather than leaving it as an optional element. Overall quite a nice experience.

I was told I could expect to receive my passport in about a week's time.

Hope I beat Spartac to the finishing line! :)

All the best.
Great stuff global gypsy,

We had our interview in the morning today. Very friendly and standard questions.

Friday evening vs Saturday early morning, I'd say our passports will come the same day.

Only concern I have is my original passport / naturlisation certificate is yet to arrive. My wife and son have received their original documents and my son has also recevied his British Passport. Called the IPS helpline and they said not to worry as they tend to return original documents for families in two lots for some reason.

Regards - Spartac

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Tim555 wrote:

Chaudhrei
Inshallah brother

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:

Thanks Star, I'm planning to call them up on next Friday. Hopefully by that time My application might have gone to caseworker :P .
Yes if your heart says so then give it a go next Friday